Lakeland Leisure - Tattenhall

Annabell 2

Featured Posts

Just been in to reception at Tattenhall to see if the rumours are true and yes they are! Next year I will save about five hundred pounds on my mooring fees. Lakeland Leisure have done away with the 'High use' mooring fee so everyone now pays the same. On top of that if I pay in full before the end of December I also get a discount of £10 per metre, my boat is 16 metres so thats another £160 I will save. Mooring fees have also stayed the same as this year which is good as I was worried there would be an increase and I would have to look for somewhere cheaper. I am definitely staying put now!

Everyone on this forum was having a dig at Lakeland Leisure earlier this year which I thought was unfair. I would like to say well done and thank you to them as my grandchildren will have a little extra this Christmas!!

Can you say with absolute certainty that you have no commercial interest in Lakeland Leisure?

Yes, strange how often a new poster's initial posts are to immediately start singing the praises of some commercial enterprise connected with the canals isn't it ?

Whatever the situation here, in my experience suppliers of moorings usually only start dropping their prices when they find they can no longer fill all their spaces at the prices they are charging.

Any reason why that's not the case here ?

I think you're all being unfair.

Annabell 2 has posted here before and is clearly not a spammer:

I too moor at Tattenhall and have spent most of the summer there. I have noticed a few people walk over the bridge and onto the marina but never have I saw any visitors dogs running off leads (except moorers dogs now and again)! I have never witnessed kids running amok up and down jetty's and definitely not playing on boats. When the weather was hot one or two couples sat at the new picnic tables to enjoy the weather and view but again I have never saw any of them light a BBQ. I am pleased that they are putting their litter in our bins rather than dropping it on the ground.

I think that Lakeland Leisure are doing a good job but it is early days for them. In the summer they put on a fantastic hog roast night with a band. At a cost of £10 with all drinks included was excellent value and something they should do more. On that night I spoke to the owner who was very nice and answered any fears I had, after talking to him I am looking forward to the future at Tattenhall with Lakeland Leisure. What he did say was that you can never please all of the customers all of the time and he is so right, most moorers I have spoke to are happy with the way things are at Tattenhall!

Oh....Hang on...

Yes, strange how often a new poster's initial posts are to immediately start singing the praises of some commercial enterprise connected with the canals isn't it ?

I think you're all being unfair.

Annabell 2 has posted here before and is clearly not a spammer:

Well I did say "initial posts".

I would say it has got to be a member of staff writing. There is no such boat as far as I am aware called Annabelle 2 moored at Tattenhall. Who cares anyway! It is a forum after all. Anybody should be able to write even if it appears a little commercial.

Edited by Chloe

I felt my compalaints about Tattenahall Marina were justified and that they should be read by the wider community.

Now, I am glad to say that the management are taking note and would confirm that Annabelll 2's post stating prices have been reduced, is correct. I along with others are very happy about this. I would also like to say that now the front gate is left down at all times the security at this marina has also improved.

Thank you for listening!

Hope we have a new year do!!!

Edited by Chloe

Lakeland Leisure have frozen their prices for all their marinas, even Great Haywood which is nearly full and actually has a waiting list for larger berths, so its not really a sign of desperation

• 1 month later...

Tattenhall is probably the most local marina to my parents and ive been past it the last two years on the way down to chester/elsemere port at easter. Never stopped and never talked to anyone who moored there but it seams a fairly nice setup on the surface. I think with any marina I would want to spend a few weeks there before signing upto a years mooring.

However it does indeed appear the the OP has an interest in Lakeland Leisure and a message has to been sent to them.

Daniel

I would say it has got to be a member of staff writing. There is no such boat as far as I am aware called Annabelle 2 moored at Tattenhall. Who cares anyway! It is a forum after all. Anybody should be able to write even if it appears a little commercial.

I don't have the slightest objection to canal businesses contributing to discussions here. Indeed, it would be grossly unfair if they were not allowed to attempt to rebut detractors.

However, the key thing is being open and honest.

If you are posting on behalf of a company you should say so, rather than pose as a satisfied customer.

I don't have the slightest objection to canal businesses contributing to discussions here. Indeed, it would be grossly unfair if they were not allowed to attempt to rebut detractors.

However, the key thing is being open and honest.

If you are posting on behalf of a company you should say so, rather than pose as a satisfied customer.

Well, Tattenhall and Annabelle 2 (or rather Annabelle II) both ring a bell with me.

When OwnerShips, the shared ownership company, was in operation, some of its boats were based at Tattenhall. When it folded many of the boats at Tattenhall decided to be managed by BCBM. BCBM itself came into being when the 'other' large shared ownership company went into liquidation and is run by an ex Challenger employee, Andrew Barton.

Furthermore, Annabelle II was one of the boats that OwnerShips managed and is now managed by BCBM. From memory, it was a cruiser stern boat built by Pat Buckle about fifteen years ago and was slightly shorter than the 57-58 foot boats built for shared ownership at the time with a slightly different layout.

The funny thing is that I am fairly certain that I have seen Annabelle in the Rugby area this year and, on checking, I find that she is currently based at Hillmorton Wharf (I suppose Dominic could confirm this).

The other peculiarity is that the poster Annabelle 2 says that his (or her) location is Nantwich. Nantwich just happens to be the location of BCBM's office.

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)

Talking to the manager at Great Haywood before christmas he said they are finding more boats leaving the marina now as people feel the pinch on pensions/investments. Some are finding it difficult to maintain a boat and a home, and so the boat goes - perhaps this has something to do with the freeze on mooring fees at Tatenhall and Haywood.

The funny thing is that I am fairly certain that I have seen Annabelle in the Rugby area this year and, on checking, I find that she is currently based at Hillmorton Wharf (I suppose Dominic could confirm this).

I'm not sure why Dominic would be able to confirm, as he hasn't been based there for a few years, but Annabelle II was certainly at Hillmorton Wharf in December. It's fairly difficult not to notice, as it's blue with a bright yellow coachline and handrails (and I do mean bright!)

I'm not sure why Dominic would be able to confirm, as he hasn't been based there for a few years, but Annabelle II was certainly at Hillmorton Wharf in December. It's fairly difficult not to notice, as it's blue with a bright yellow coachline and handrails (and I do mean bright!)

Thanks for the confirmation. I forgot that Rugby Boats no longer operates out of Hillmorton!