And another one bites the dust!

Featured Posts

Companies go bust for many reasons , I was involved in one where the major client went broke taking several suppliers down with it similar to the story told by "narrow margins" . In this case as I understand the former employees ( not the directors) who were doing the work with the owners agreement (and presumably the luquidators) the work was completed via a company they formed. This seems a good arrangement , given that they are new company then I would want to ensure that the stage payments were for work done so that ownership would pass accordingly in case of difficulty. I think this is completely different from the situation where companies go into liquidation, administration one day and open the next in the same premises with same directors leaving many unpaid but using he argument that they have saved jobs.

Gawd, almighty, did you have to remind us!

What a frightful mixing-up of far too many incompatible shapes and ideas.

Horrible, truly, truly horrible!

Gawd, almighty, did you have to remind us!

What a frightful mixing-up of far too many incompatible shapes and ideas.

Horrible, truly, truly horrible!

Haha, sorry! The fit out inside is quite nice if you ignore the exterior.

I've at least managed not to repeat my thoughts on Barolo, (the concept and exterior of, rather than the fit out - probably just as well! :lol:

I just knew you wouldn't be able to resist ! I tend to agree with you.

Memories! I used to wait for the 'bus outside there! But at least the whole building is harmonious in its excess.

Alan, it was not Barolo (indeed an unfortunate juxtaposition of external "styling") which i was thinking of, it was the much more handsome Pyrus. I was, er, joshing you.

Edited by Athy

The guys who have started Oakcraft Narrowboats are the guys that did the work for William Piper.

Although Martin Baker started the company, and did the plans, he was never really hands on. Barolo in particular was Jim Birch's boat, and was the talent behind the company.

I am over the moon that they are carrying on, particularly as it wasnt just the customers who lost out massively when Martin disappeared, the staff also suffered out massively, and they continued to work for a number of months so as not to let the customer down (at the time that was Beline).

I believe they are about to start work on a boat for a customer who was originally having a William Piper boat, and I have no doubt that it will be to the same standard, they were William Piper at the end of the day (minus myself!).

Really wish them all the best.