What to do?

nigel carton

Featured Posts

Whats going on here - 28 posts and no one has mentioned how useful a bow thruster would be in these circumstances?

Is the pro bow thruster lobby so thoroughly cowed by the abuse?

OK - here goes. Single handed reversing for a mile - a clear case where a bow thruster would be just the job! :P

Not cowed, we are just enjoying the baiting of one less fortunate.

And yes a properly used bow thruster would make it a lot easier, but would spoil the fun for the rest of us (until the thruster overheated and stopped....)

You have an assistant walking along the towpath with a rope and a 14' pole, resting on the gunwale.

The rope keeps the bow from drifting out and the pole stops it drifting in.

Bit tricky if there is a line of moored boats along the towpath.

Whats going on here - 28 posts and no one has mentioned how useful a bow thruster would be in these circumstances?

Is the pro bow thruster lobby so thoroughly cowed by the abuse?

OK - here goes. Single handed reversing for a mile - a clear case where a bow thruster would be just the job! :P

I didn't think the boat in question had one.

Ok completely ignore this topic, the owner turned the boat around ready for the trip. :blush: Just spoken to the new owner who I'm delivering the boat for and he's just informed me, the chap he has bought the boat off, turned it around with his Grandson. So pointy end is pointing in the right direction! :cheers:

Ok completely ignore this topic, the owner turned the boat around ready for the trip. :blush: Just spoken to the new owner who I'm delivering the boat for and he's just informed me, the chap he has bought the boat off, turned it around with his Grandson. So pointy end is pointing in the right direction! :cheers:

See that's what you need for your boat moving business, a Grand Son.