ANNOUNCEMENT! I seem to have a boat!

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Matty I must admit you were wearing a very smart coat and did look very official!

Well nothing ever being simple, it looks like I may now stay in Braunston for a couple of months as I've been offered eight weeks freelancing work which is handy to start getting some money back in rather than all going out...

So I am probably going to stay on Braunston in the short term and bimble out on some shorter trips...

And if the weather turns icy it may well be a bit longer..............should we venture down to look at any boats sometime soon I will keep a look out for Wendy May.....we were down there a couple of weeks ago just before your great adventure.......and can I be nosy and ask "freelancing" at what?

Realistically I may end up on Braunston for longer, what with stoppages, the supposedly coming 'big freeze' etc...

All assuming they do have a mooring for me.

Workwise, I locum as a veterinary nurse on and off, but my main job is freelancing as a we designer and marketing consultant. Mainly I work from home with that, but sometimes, like currently which is why I have been in Skegness, I get offered a contract where I have to work office based or in a particular area, which is what I've just been offered in Coventry/ Rugby.

If you're going to be up in Braunston definitely let me know! You'll know my boat... It's the scruffiest one there with the dullest paintwork! :lol:

Realistically I may end up on Braunston for longer, what with stoppages, the supposedly coming 'big freeze' etc...

All assuming they do have a mooring for me.

Workwise, I locum as a veterinary nurse on and off, but my main job is freelancing as a we designer and marketing consultant. Mainly I work from home with that, but sometimes, like currently which is why I have been in Skegness, I get offered a contract where I have to work office based or in a particular area, which is what I've just been offered in Coventry/ Rugby.

If you're going to be up in Braunston definitely let me know! You'll know my boat... It's the scruffiest one there with the dullest paintwork! :lol:

Well done on the job front star and of course your first journey :) I was worst when I took my boat to Gayton lol in the summer (my first journey) I was ok as long as the cut was straight lol , but after a few nervous hours I did manage to go through a bendy bridge hole lol jumpin up and down after as if i had won the pools , shouting 'I did it by myself', much to the amusement of the painter I had taken along to steer her for me. On the return journey I was hooked lol and steered most of the way back by myself, feelin very chuffed:)

If you decide to stay at Braunston (yippee) that will be fantastic , not only from a financial point for you, but because I am only a few miles from you and I can pop over and we can do 'lunch' darlin lol and swop tales of trepidation concderning out first boats :)