Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

We use dreadlocks Ian on Gosty Hill but not seen him mentioned here yet. He phones us or we phone him, dont really need to know where he is all the time.

Edited by Evo

Hi Dr. Bradley,

Had a missed call earlier which I presume may be from you? I have tried to call you back but no response. If you get this message before you either pass or we meet up, Ariel is currently at Sale and will be heading to Lymm this afternoon/early evening. Enjoy your trip.

Liam.

Hi Dr. Bradley,

Had a missed call earlier which I presume may be from you? I have tried to call you back but no response. If you get this message before you either pass or we meet up, Ariel is currently at Sale and will be heading to Lymm this afternoon/early evening. Enjoy your trip.

Liam.

It was my call and we did later get in touch and so exchanged beer vouchers for fuel somewhere between Sale and Lymm in the dark.

Liam, that call may have been from a customer who called me at lunchtime. They were around Anderton & heading towards the Bridgewater & I gave them your number.

Cheers, Brian

Thanks for that Brian, Bill told me he'd picked up the wrong business card for the canal he was on!

It was my call and we did later get in touch and so exchanged beer vouchers for fuel somewhere between Sale and Lymm in the dark.

Thanks again Doc.

Did you stop short as we talked about or did you go all the way into Castlefield?

Thanks for that Brian, Bill told me he'd picked up the wrong business card for the canal he was on!

Thanks again Doc.

Did you stop short as we talked about or did you go all the way into Castlefield?

Stopped in sale as suggested, still having time to get into Castlefields in time for my train in the morning, then had a good but drunk and disasterous day in York, losing my wallet, phone and shoulder bag, though two of them were later recovered.

Just a quick update...

Ariel will be reloaded and fully stocked on Friday before heading through Dunham on Friday afternoon for deliveries in Lymm on Friday PM / Saturday AM. Then we're heading back across to Stretford for deliveries. To get in touch - 07748 958303.

Cheers

Liam

anyone seen Baron of late?

Baron is playing catch up since Chris decided to leave and spend more time with his new girlfreind,and whilst in the process of doing so,he was leaving the diesel boat moored up on some occasions and going off with the girlfriend..I saw them last weekend at the olympic site heading back across London to denham..

sorry to see chris go.

peter wakeman himself on 07774166497........the new disel boat driver/steerer dominic,on 07770332512 he has a chap helping out,so if you ring and he does not answer(steering or locking etc) he will call you back fast.thats the helper who does that.dominic is still running in so to speak.....

Edited by sheriff

Baron is playing catch up since Chris decided to leave and spend more time with his new girlfreind,and whilst in the process of doing so,he was leaving the diesel boat moored up on some occasions and going off with the girlfriend..I saw them last weekend at the olympic site heading back across London to denham..

sorry to see chris go.

peter wakeman himself on 07774166497........the new disel boat driver/steerer dominic,on 07770332512 he has a chap helping out,so if you ring and he does not answer(steering or locking etc) he will call you back fast.thats the helper who does that.dominic is still running in so to speak.....

cheers, i met the new guys last time they came down, yeah, shame chris isnt about. thanks again

It would be really useful if all the fuel boats used Navvygator - and would probably bring them a fair amount of additional sales too.

My sentiments too! Perhaps the fuel boats should be enlightened to this facility and its potential benefits.

Mike

Go on then Mike enlighten us!

Can I use it easily on my blackberry? I'm already using a blog, facebook, google latitude, I'll give Navvygator a go if I can.

Cheers, Brian

Hi Brian,

Try this

My link

We chose not to allow our boat to be tracked in case the kids discover where we are. They'll only ask for a fiver so that they can repay the pound that we loaned them.

ETA If this plonker can manage to use it, anyone can.... :)

Mike

Edited by Doorman

Ahh right, it looks like I need a laptop, (which we don't usually take boating), a USB GPS reciever and a 3G card or dongle (niether of which I have). It does not look like this works on a smartphone, which is really the only practical solution for me at the moment.

After loading tomorrow afternoon, we'll be off up to Castlefield.

On Saturday morning we're heading back across to Worsley and then onto Little Bollington for an evening at the The Olde No. 3 pub for their Bonfire & Firework display.

On Sunday we'll be in and around Lymm.

Enjoy your weekend!

On Saturday morning we're heading back across to Worsley and then onto Little Bollington for an evening at the The Olde No. 3 pub for their Bonfire & Firework display.

Enjoy your weekend!

The Olde No. 3 eh? We've had many a jug of ale in there, on our way to and from our old moorings on the Reeds & Liverpool Canal. :)

Remember to put all of the boards over Ariel's hold, we don't wish to hear about a stray firework igniting all of that coal, otherwise the Olde No. 3 will 'sTaybrite' all night long! :unsure: :unsure:

Mike

Edited by Doorman

Ahh right, it looks like I need a laptop, (which we don't usually take boating), a USB GPS reciever and a 3G card or dongle (niether of which I have). It does not look like this works on a smartphone, which is really the only practical solution for me at the moment.

Hi Brian,

I've just peeped at your blog then realised that we passed you in September/October, near the Cholmondeston winding hole. You were about to come aside a narrow boat to help them fuel up.

It's a small world on this vast system of ours. :)

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes the canals certainly are a small world! That's one of the lovely things that it's such a sense of community & so often we get into "so you must know ...." or "somebody mentioned you ...." conversations :-)

Yes that's true. I only hope that if anyone ever mentions that they've met me on their travels, they reinforce the fact that I'm neither physically, nor, mentally attributed to be the nightclub bouncer that my forum name suggests.

It was only after the much sought after Gibbo noticed from one of my comments on here, that I actually used to design and manufacture security doors, did the penny drop! Hence the name.

Mike

Edited by Doorman