Barby Moorings and the Trade Description Act!!!!??

Annie Girl

Featured Posts

Any developments? At all?

There is a mention here:

http://nbsanity.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/eating-in-plough-and-at-newbold.html

"We were all sorted well before we reached the Barby straight; the new marina is beginning to look like a marina, with some pontoons and quite a few boats in, but the services are still pretty minimal by all appearances."

Any developments? At all?

Not sure if you are referring to the marina development or the ongoing challenge to recover our money; being those of us who had enough of broken promises by McMaster and were forcibly evicted so he could reap the benefit of our deposits.

The filming for TV has started and I for one found the support their legal guy gave very informative. He is quite approachable, although I don’t think I would like to be opposing him in court :lol:

McMaster is clearly treating this as a joke, which I hope will come back around to bite his a**e big time. :angry:

Others are further along in that process than me.

So I’m afraid that still nothing of any substance to tell you all. Danny may have information of the program he can release to you and when (autumn time I believe)?

I hope if we are successful, it sets a precedence and warning to others who have similar get rich quick schemes at the expense of others.

I would imagine a lot of moorer’s at Barby are setting off soon for summer, assuming they can get depth of course. I understand tempers are flaring at locks already, from a few I have spoken to. :wacko: Roll on Autumn......... :blink:

:cheers: I don't think I'm disclosing too much when I say I am literally sitting inside the house tapping away on my laptop composing my witness statement which I have to get off to a) the court and B) McMasters solicitor by the 16th April in advance of a court hearing on the 3rd May. (blacking the boat next week so need to finish statement today) Should have done it earier but the printers' been playing silly buggers.

Don't want to say too much more for obvious reasons.

(those I've PM'd before happy to update by same means)

Frank

Can't get rid of the smilie between the words 'and' and 'McMasters. Maybe my Dell knows more than me!!

Edited by Slim

:cheers: I don't think I'm disclosing too much when I say I am literally sitting inside the house tapping away on my laptop composing my witness statement which I have to get off to a) the court and B) McMasters solicitor by the 16th April in advance of a court hearing on the 3rd May. (blacking the boat next week so need to finish statement today) Should have done it earier but the printers' been playing silly buggers.

Don't want to say too much more for obvious reasons.

(those I've PM'd before happy to update by same means)

Frank

Can't get rid of the smilie between the words 'and' and 'McMasters. Maybe my Dell knows more than me!!

Sincerely trust the hearing develops the way you/we all think it should, Frank <_<

It's because the emoticon text shortcut (if those are the right words) is a b closely followed by a bracket which is what you were trying to type. If, in a reply, you click the smiley face above the reply box, then click Show All at the bottom off the emoticon pane that appears to the right of your posting you will see all the 'text shortcuts' that create each one. There doesn't appear to be much of a way round it for lists except to do 1. 2. or a. b. and so on.

Roger

Edited by Albion

It's because the emoticon text shortcut (if those are the right words) is a b closely followed by a bracket which is what you were trying to type. If, in a reply, you click the smiley face above the reply box, then click Show All at the bottom off the emoticon pane that appears to the right of your posting you will see all the 'text shortcuts' that create each one. There doesn't appear to be much of a way round it for lists except to do 1. 2. or a. b. and so on.

Roger

or insert a space between the "b" and the ")" : b )

David

This must be heading towards a record length thread.

And chuffed to be a participant!

Finally finished pulling together my witness statement and copies of evidence. Printer ate over a full cartridge of coloured ink and most of a black one. Pity I'm not claiming expenses from McMaster.

Frank

• Greenie 1

And chuffed to be a participant!

Finally finished pulling together my witness statement and copies of evidence. Printer ate over a full cartridge of coloured ink and most of a black one. Pity I'm not claiming expenses from McMaster.

Frank

Well done :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

:cheers: Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Just to let anyone who's interested know that Tony McMaster has settled in full my claim against him for the grand sum of £506.43.and dropped his conterclaim against me for £250.00 The matter went to the point where in advance of a court appearance on the 3rd May I sent to both the court and his solicitor copies of my Witness Statement and all the evidence I had to support my claim. The money, which came via his solicitor is sitting in my bank account as I type this.

Whilst I didn't do anything exceptional if anyone wants to know chapter and verse the process i followed please PM me and I'll be only too happy to give details.

Some of you will recall that at one stage a TV production company expressed an interest in the whole matter. Just to let you know that they came to see me and recorded an interview with a view to it being transmitted in or around September .

I don't want to gloat but the feelings of satisfaction I have are totally disproportionate to the money involved. Throughout my dealings with Barby Moorings I, in common with others, have been treated with total contempt. I could go on but I won't.

Finally I would like to thank all those who either through the thread? or via PMs gave advice and encouragement.

Frank

Edited by Slim
  • Greenie 3

Just to let anyone who's interested know that Tony McMaster has settled in full my claim against him for the grand sum of £506.43.and dropped his conterclaim against me for £250.00 The matter went to the point where in advance of a court appearance on the 3rd May I sent to both the court and his solicitor copies of my Witness Statement and all the evidence I had to support my claim. The money, which came via his solicitor is sitting in my bank account as I type this.

Whilst I didn't do anything exceptional if anyone wants to know chapter and verse the process i followed please PM me and I'll be only too happy to give details.

Some of you will recall that at one stage a TV production company expressed an interest in the whole matter. Just to let you know that they came to see me and recorded an interview with a view to it being transmitted in or around September .

I don't want to gloat but the feelings of satisfaction I have are totally disproportionate to the money involved. Throughout my dealings with Barby Moorings I, in common with others, have been treated with total contempt. I could go on but I won't.

Finally I would like to thank all those who either through the thread? or via PMs gave advice and encouragement.

Frank

:) I am glad that you got your money back :) and I hope that if anyone else has problems, your case will prove that with persistence, justice can be done :)

I can quite understand that your degree of satisfaction is out of proportion to the amount of money involved. You relentlessly pursued someone, who treated you with contempt and a total lack of respect. Someone who thought you did not matter,who thought he could walk all over you with impunity. YOU showed him otherwise, you took upon yourself the hassle and stress of persuing this through the courts' and you got the justice you deserve. Well Done ! ! enjoy your victory, I hope that others will be inspired by you victory to step up to the plate and do likewise.

Frank

:):clapping:

Well done.... I am so pleased for the outcome.

Its a shame it was not a class action with others involved who like you have need for satisfaction. But in the long term - just imagine the publicity and the effect it will have on the business for a long time to come. Imagine being someone looking for a mooring and putting Barby Moorings into google.

Well done have a green one!

Mick n Mags

Well done you. We are presently at Braunston and will pass the "marina" possibly tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what if anything has been done since we last passed in the autumn. Anybody been past recently?

:clapping:

Well done you. We are presently at Braunston and will pass the "marina" possibly tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what if anything has been done since we last passed in the autumn. Anybody been past recently?

:clapping:

We came past last week and 3 pontoons had been installed.

• 1 month later...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

To all of you who have posted on this subject.

We are looking for a new marina and came upon the Barby Website and thought this looks great.

A 25% discount for signing up and PAYING by August. So I sent an email to Barby asking if there were any moorings available in September, An email came back from Tony McMaster saying yes there were and the discounted price for a 60 ft mooring of 25%(full price £2600) was £2080. Now I am no Einstein but 25% of 2600 is £650, making it £1950 to pay for the full year. I sent back an email to Tony suggesting that his maths were wrong, but have not received any reply to date. We were going up to see the Marina today and just Googled Barby to get the postcode and came across this forum. Visit now cancelled, we will also stay in our fantastic marina in Aston, It has all the amenities and have never had any problems from the owner or staff, and they are a great bunch, well done Alex and Niki.

Edited by llewellyn

• 3 weeks later...