Mystery Can Decorator

Brian Jones

Featured Posts

Pretty sure I know your 'Margaret of Middlewich', have spoken to her and she is happy for you to have her mobile no. as a contact. Only problem is that I'm not happy to post the number on an open board, and for you to make or receive PMs you'll need a post count of at least 5, (if that's wrong one of the regulars will let you know.)

The only other alternative is for you to contact Nantwich Canal Centre and ask in the shop if they have a contact for her. As well as painting, she makes curtains for boats.

Hope this helps?

Well, I've just spoken to Margaret. What a nice lady. Many thanks for your pointer. And thankyou others for your responses.

Yesterday I went on a pilgrimage, inspired by Tom Rolt's "Narrow Boat". To Napton, including a very good lunch at "The Folly", and Braunston. I was surprised by how many boats were moored and locking, and by how many had painted cans and other articles. I enjoyed helping people through the locks. I must have a painted can. Margaret, I'll be in touch.

It is sad in a way that the "Bull and Butcher" name was lost to Napton. But the building survives and there is a photo of the original by the bar.

Thanks, again.

Brian

Pretty sure I know your 'Margaret of Middlewich', have spoken to her and she is happy for you to have her mobile no. as a contact. Only problem is that I'm not happy to post the number on an open board, and for you to make or receive PMs you'll need a post count of at least 5, (if that's wrong one of the regulars will let you know.)

The only other alternative is for you to contact Nantwich Canal Centre and ask in the shop if they have a contact for her. As well as painting, she makes curtains for boats.

Hope this helps?