alde compact 310

jockwalt

Featured Posts

I fitted one over 3 years ago. (I assume you mean the 3010).

It has been 100% reliable, and doesn't need any servicing that I am aware of. Just push the button and it fires up!

I recommend getting the battery backup cable, which keeps the control panel memory alive. Also if you mount the control unit on the cabin side, get the remote temperature sensor as otherwise it will be affected by sunlight shining on the cabin side, giving a false temperature sensing.

It is easy to install - mine is under the bed. You just need to feed the flexible coaxial tube up to the roof. Compared to the old upright Alde 2928 boilers it is much more economical. I don't have exact figures but I would put it at about 40% more efficient.

Similarly I can't compare figures directly with diesel boilers but I don't think the annual running cost difference would be that huge. And it is much more reliable and less temperamental.

Shop around to get a good price - there are some good discounts to be had. Of course the cheapest way to heat a boat is a SF stove, which we do for the main heating. But the Alde is very good for topping up the heat in the morning and also for getting hot water.

I'm very satisfied with it.

I have one of these. I am repeating myself when this came up some time ago but vastly superior to the diesel heaters. Low power draw, near silent, built in immersion so when on shore line heats the water for heating rads and washing. Very functional control unit. I have the heat exchanger from engine as well so when engine is hot turn on the Alde and it pumps round hot water and uses no gas. In particularly I like the feature that allows a rapid heat up to very hot water, ie not in the calorifier but the Alde itself, does this in very few minutes so you can use this feature to supplement the calorifier water if its not hot enough, use for a shower (when blended with cold) and first thing in the morning when again your tank is probably not very hot. Dors point about the control unit is valid, mines in the engine room which gets warmer when the engine running so can give a false impression of the temp in other rooms, however the control unit has thought of this and you can compensate for in the settings by adjusting it down so for example temp in engine room 25 degrees, everywhere else 20, so reset the unit to 20 degrees even though its sensing 25, will show 20 on the read out, water will be heated to 23, or whatever temp you need and set

Dont know how economical it is but appears to be low on gas consumption (there are figures on their site)

Charles

I have one of these. I am repeating myself when this came up some time ago but vastly superior to the diesel heaters. Low power draw, near silent, built in immersion so when on shore line heats the water for heating rads and washing. Very functional control unit. I have the heat exchanger from engine as well so when engine is hot turn on the Alde and it pumps round hot water and uses no gas. In particularly I like the feature that allows a rapid heat up to very hot water, ie not in the calorifier but the Alde itself, does this in very few minutes so you can use this feature to supplement the calorifier water if its not hot enough, use for a shower (when blended with cold) and first thing in the morning when again your tank is probably not very hot. Dors point about the control unit is valid, mines in the engine room which gets warmer when the engine running so can give a false impression of the temp in other rooms, however the control unit has thought of this and you can compensate for in the settings by adjusting it down so for example temp in engine room 25 degrees, everywhere else 20, so reset the unit to 20 degrees even though its sensing 25, will show 20 on the read out, water will be heated to 23, or whatever temp you need and set

Dont know how economical it is but appears to be low on gas consumption (there are figures on their site)

Charles

thanks for reply do u know who giving best prices on these thanks steve

• Greenie 1