Whoever said boating was glamorous....

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

And also a good reaon not to have any connecting pipework no doubt...

Well, yes. What is the point of having lots of complex expensive equipment if it can't handle normal use?

If I've paid two quid for a bucket, having to put the paper in the bin is reasonable enough, But if I've paid x hundred pounds for a super swish system, I'd not expect to have to slum it like that.

Some sort of dumpthrough, whether pumpout or cassette, would seem to be a reasonable compromise.

Was that the grease proof paper type of texture? The only useful way to use it was to fold it into a triangle and scrape.

(gets hat and coat......)

That's the one, at school we were issued 4 sheets (counted out by a prefect)per sit down job.

:help:

Some sort of dumpthrough, whether pumpout or cassette, would seem to be a reasonable compromise.

Where is the smug smiley?

B)

Richard

Ah, so you have both pumpout and cassette but do you also have a bucket?! :lol:

Stewey

Well quite, so it's not a very helpful sign is it as it obviously doesn't mean exactly what it says.

It merely serves as a reminder to support my verbal instruction to visitors to our boat - luckily the people who visit our boat (close family only) have the intelligence to understand it's not to be taken literally.

"Not fit for purpose" would be my simple description, and I marvel at the salesmanship of those like Leesan who continue to make good profits from them!

I must say our Leesan macerator hasn't missed a beat in over five years continuous use, any brand of paper in any amount though we do make sure enough water is flushed through, it even managed to clear a tampon once, they are well designed but do rely on proper installation in the first place.

I must say our Leesan macerator hasn't missed a beat in over five years continuous use, any brand of paper in any amount though we do make sure enough water is flushed through, it even managed to clear a tampon once, they are well designed but do rely on proper installation in the first place.

And proper use. Our Jabsco pump has been faultless until someone put something down it that it was never designed cope with. We dont have any problems still using a macerator toilet and will continue to do so. It is just one of those things. We will however now vet people before they use our loo ;)

When we have visitors to the boat we point to the pump out loo (dump through) and tell them they can pee or poo in that one, then point to the portapotti and tell them they can pee in that one, but if they poo in it they have to empty it.

We get so used to talking toilets amongst the boating community we forget how embarrassed and squeamish Joe public is about this stuff :lol:

And for those that told us our system wouldn't work - we've just passed our 2nd anniversary living aboard and the pump out still works fine and the portapotti is doing a damn fine job as a pee receptacle (stand alone, no water added, just literally a holder of pee. We don't put paper in it either - that goes on the fire or in the bin depending on the season.)

it even managed to clear a tampon once, they are well designed but do rely on proper installation in the first place.

:lol:

Oh, well spotted, that person!

I missed that first time through!

Classic, truly classic!