Engine Maintenance Course.

tree

Featured Posts

Hello again folks :)

I have my boat near Braunston and I need to attend an Engine Maintenance Course from the second week in August as that is when I will be back in the area on my boat. It will have to be one that caters for ancient females who have a basic but limited knowledge of engines ( no offence to my fellow females) but I aint got a clue but willing to learn. I do possess a degree but when it comes to engines I am as daft as a brush :) Any advice will be appreciated because at the moment ( now no offence to you males or enginners)but I am at your mercy as you could tell me owt and I have to accept that. I am sure that I will get there in the end and become a competent engine problem solving boater , well a Perkins M30 one :) Thanks in anticipation.

:cheers: Tony I will check out the website as long as the training people have lots of patience :)

I have attended one of Tony's courses and if I remember correctly here were 2 ladies on it as well and I think they found the course very useful. The definitely weren't left behind.

Looking at his website, it looks as if Tony Brooks has stopped doing actual training other than theory 6 hour group sessions.....shame!

Do check with RCR, I think that Tony has stopped running the courses in Reading but does the RCR courses. I have been on one of his courses and found it excellent. When I went on a course there were 4 women, one quickly learnt to be devastingly competent and was the star of the course. I suspect about half the course had no idea when we started, all bar one person knew what to do by the end of the course. If you think the courses are stopping then book onto the last one at SPCC!

Hello again folks :)

I have my boat near Braunston and I need to attend an Engine Maintenance Course from the second week in August as that is when I will be back in the area on my boat. It will have to be one that caters for ancient females who have a basic but limited knowledge of engines ( no offence to my fellow females) but I aint got a clue but willing to learn. I do possess a degree but when it comes to engines I am as daft as a brush :) Any advice will be appreciated because at the moment ( now no offence to you males or enginners)but I am at your mercy as you could tell me owt and I have to accept that. I am sure that I will get there in the end and become a competent engine problem solving boater , well a Perkins M30 one :) Thanks in anticipation.

I am a similiar ancient female who had absolutely no knowledge of engines when I bought my boat 3 years ago (never even looked under the bonnet on my car). I did the one day course on my own boat offered by RCR. I chose this as I knew that I had to be taught on my own engine to have any chance of remembering. I have been happily doing my own basic servicing ever since and havent had any problems - except when during a senior moment I poured water into the engine instead of the radiator - rang RCR and they told me how to fix it - soon sorted.

I am a similiar ancient female who had absolutely no knowledge of engines when I bought my boat 3 years ago (never even looked under the bonnet on my car). I did the one day course on my own boat offered by RCR. I chose this as I knew that I had to be taught on my own engine to have any chance of remembering. I have been happily doing my own basic servicing ever since and havent had any problems - except when during a senior moment I poured water into the engine instead of the radiator - rang RCR and they told me how to fix it - soon sorted.

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice :) I had a bit of a blip at the w/e I had to remove the old exhaust and fit a new one well 3/4 fitted it myself and change the oil pressure switch. Without the help and advice of fellow moorers it would have taken me longer. But like 'stellar' I also need to do a course specifically for my engine a Perkins M30. If possible in the Northampton , Braunston, Crick area. Because I live 5 hours away from where she is moored in a marina. Happy days always everyone :)

I have attended one of Tony's courses and if I remember correctly here were 2 ladies on it as well and I think they found the course very useful. The definitely weren't left behind.

Thank you for the advice :)

Do check with RCR, I think that Tony has stopped running the courses in Reading but does the RCR courses. I have been on one of his courses and found it excellent. When I went on a course there were 4 women, one quickly learnt to be devastingly competent and was the star of the course. I suspect about half the course had no idea when we started, all bar one person knew what to do by the end of the course. If you think the courses are stopping then book onto the last one at SPCC!

I am running courses with RCR for the next year. It is the supervised service that I have dropped.

I retire from courses in July 2012 BUT all courses next year will be held at Alverchurch.

If anyone is interested there are two places available at this weekend's maintenance course at SPCC in London. This Si the last course until next October when we will be in out new home at Alverchurch. Phone RCR ASAP if interested.