Wide Beam Moorings

heyjude999

Featured Posts

Hi,

Both husband and I work, he in Sheffield and Chesterfield and I in Barnsley.

We want to move moorings from Sheffield and still be able to travel to work fairly easily. Doncaster would be a good area.

Can anyone give us any good local information about where we can look for somewhere, we realise this is going to be difficult and are prepared to wait but would want to get our names down on any lists if at all possible.

You never know someone may know who knows someone who knows someone.

Thank you.

would reccommend some foot work to view potential sites and chat with those in residence on the options/contacts to gain access, if private this will be the best approach to identifying sites and recognising whether they are suitable re location, for things like parking, journey time, facilities, etc price will be one of the last points generally..

but friends and conatcts also may help

also google map the area to check out the "look" of places

Tully's in Rotherham and BW's Eastwood moorings might be a goer, There are BW's town moorings in Doncaster. Other than that I'd suggest following the line of the navigation on Google earth, when you come across a row of boats sus out where it is and go visit. There are quite a few private club moorings that lease a bit of towpath that you might be able to get on to.

Lee

Hi,

We want to move moorings from Sheffield and still be able to travel to work fairly easily. Doncaster would be a good area.

Can anyone give us any good local information about where we can look for somewhere, we realise this is going to be difficult and are prepared to wait but would want to get our names down on any lists if at all possible.

Thank you.

Would Derby be too far for you?

There's excellent widebeam moorings at Mercia Marina, and it's right on the A38

(but that's assuming you want a marina, of course!)

Hi,

Thank you.

For the future - there is a brand new marina planned for that area details Here.

Details are sketchy at the mo and the developers are not being particularly responsive to emails about prospective construction start times. I'm keeping an eye on this for the future.

I'm sure the last time I was in Thorne one of the 3 boatyards there was advertising vacancies. Thorne may be too far for you but it's a good place to keep a boat. We have a friend who's lived there for several years now.