Purdy Brushes

Featured Posts

I've just been reading about these "Purdy" brushes, which seem universally recommended. I've looked them out on a famous internet auction site and there seems to be various ranges of them, so which is the best?

Lee

Ref the Purdy brushes, I was asking similar questions the other day on here, and it seemed to be the general opinion that they are the best. On the strength of that, I just bought a Promo Pack of 5 Purdy brushes containing both the Elite and the Pro-Extra. Can't report on them yet as I have yet to use them. Can't help but think how similar they are to B & Qs own brand, except Purdy's have wooden handles. The texture and feel seem identical, but at a quarter of the price. As I said, cannot comment fully until I have tried them out in anger for real. One thing thought, I will pay a little more attention to cleaning the Purdy brushes, unlike the B&Q ones, which usually get slung after a couple of uses.

Regards

Tony

Edited to say, picked up the Pro Set of Purdy's at Crick Boat Show for £40 last weekend.

Edited by Tonyl

Ref the Purdy brushes, I was asking similar questions the other day on here, and it seemed to be the general opinion that they are the best. On the strength of that, I just bought a Promo Pack of 5 Purdy brushes containing both the Elite and the Pro-Extra. Can't report on them yet as I have yet to use them. Can't help but think how similar they are to B & Qs own brand, except Purdy's have wooden handles. The texture and feel seem identical, but at a quarter of the price. As I said, cannot comment fully until I have tried them out in anger for real. One thing thought, I will pay a little more attention to cleaning the Purdy brushes, unlike the B&Q ones, which usually get slung after a couple of uses.

Regards

Tony

Edited to say, picked up the Pro Set of Purdy's at Crick Boat Show for £40 last weekend.

I believe that the principal charactersistic which distinguishes Purdy brushes from others is that they are the only ones which are guaranteed not to shed bristles when being used.

Edited by David Schweizer