Painting

tangysheep

Featured Posts

Morning all!

We are looking at changing the colour of the roof on 'Liberty' our 60ft Trad.

The roof is clean, no rust and sprayed with 2 pack automotive so therefore a cosmetic change.

Areas to be painted have non slip 'sand' finish. Liberty is just 10 months old.

Our question is...can good quality Dulux trade gloss be used instead of the somewhat expensive marine paints?

As metal garage doors seem very happy with this, being out in all weathers, are there advantages or any problems to consider?

Many thanks

Steve & Lindy

Morning all!

We are looking at changing the colour of the roof on 'Liberty' our 60ft Trad.

The roof is clean, no rust and sprayed with 2 pack automotive so therefore a cosmetic change.

Areas to be painted have non slip 'sand' finish. Liberty is just 10 months old.

Our question is...can good quality Dulux trade gloss be used instead of the somewhat expensive marine paints?

As metal garage doors seem very happy with this, being out in all weathers, are there advantages or any problems to consider?

Many thanks

Steve & Lindy

I have had Dulux Weathershield on the Cabin sides of my boat for ten years. It has lost most of it's shine (but that wouldn't matter too much on a roof). It has lasted just as well as the International paint on the name panels. I actually have Internatioanl "Interdeck" on the roof which is designed to be walked on, so I don't know how good Dulux will be if you walk on your roof a lot.