dongle extensions

Woollymishka

Featured Posts

Total agreement with Innisfree

3 is the cheapest out there with no contract £10 per month 1gb and £15 for 3gb,

I top my credit on line alternating between the 2 monthly tariffs overlaps nicely

Also have the 3 router wifi again like Innisfree,

but the router is 12v anyway attached to transformer plug for 240 mains.

I just cut the plug of! and connected directly into 12v

System, works brill no problems for nearly 2 years

Great bit of kit and wifi in the boat

Col

Cheap as chips

Thats right apart from the cost, last time i looked it was £15.99 for 15gb, and no more rusty dongles on the roof full of water like i have several..

Had mine well over a year now, i get 15gb useage, dongle inside and dry, areil on the roof, 12v router for wifi for all my phones and wifes laptop.

ps its not a 3 router its just a router(zoom from maplin).

I didnt cut the plug off you can buy the 12volt adapter from maplin as well and just plug it into the cig lighter, good cos i take it in the motorhome as well..

Thats right apart from the cost, last time i looked it was £15.99 for 15gb, and no more rusty dongles on the roof full of water like i have several..

Had mine well over a year now, i get 15gb useage, dongle inside and dry, areil on the roof, 12v router for wifi for all my phones and wifes laptop.

ps its not a 3 router its just a router(zoom from maplin).

I didnt cut the plug off you can buy the 12volt adapter from maplin as well and just plug it into the cig lighter, good cos i take it in the motorhome as well..

When our broadband contract with 3 ended customer services refused to give me their then discontinued half price offer to 3 phone contract customers and then harassed me for 45 mins to sell me a new broadband contract, I eventually got them to cancel but they came back later with the half price offer of 5gb for £7.50 per month, probably due to the assistant in the shop making an official complaint about customer services attitude. My advice with 3 is to avoid their customer services in India, shop staff are very helpful but they are limited in their capacity to do some stuff which has to be done between the customer and customer services who, in my experience, can be very naughty, according to some forums it can be very difficult to stop them carrying on a contract after it has finished, in their conditions you have to give them 30 days notice before the contract expiry date. No wonder they are losing their grip on the market.

When our broadband contract with 3 ended customer services refused to give me their then discontinued half price offer to 3 phone contract customers and then harassed me for 45 mins to sell me a new broadband contract, I eventually got them to cancel but they came back later with the half price offer of 5gb for £7.50 per month, probably due to the assistant in the shop making an official complaint about customer services attitude. My advice with 3 is to avoid their customer services in India, shop staff are very helpful but they are limited in their capacity to do some stuff which has to be done between the customer and customer services who, in my experience, can be very naughty, according to some forums it can be very difficult to stop them carrying on a contract after it has finished, in their conditions you have to give them 30 days notice before the contract expiry date. No wonder they are losing their grip on the market.

When I told them I was leaving because Vodafone had a better deal they sent me a new dongle and halved the price of my tariff, I don't plan to leave unless something wonderful comes along.

When I told them I was leaving because Vodafone had a better deal they sent me a new dongle and halved the price of my tariff, I don't plan to leave unless something wonderful comes along.

I complained to them about their prices and they gave me a business tariff dongle with no limits for 25 quid a month and a refund for going over my 'limit' on the old one.

So they should do, I've spent a fortune with them over the years. My last phone bill was £400 (due to two business trips abroad - ouch!)

Hi

just a quick note to say thanks to all for the dongle advice following my OP - now off to buy a 3 dongle and one that takes an aerial.

So nearly got the wrong thing - so thanks everyone!

Nice one, let us know how you get on, my dongle is a E122 but thats one of the older ones they usually give you a mf122 but they dont have aeriel socket, if they dont have one for you, get one from ebay and swap the simcard into it.