Looking for more experience

yorkshireboats

Featured Posts

First off sorry if this seems a strange topic.

I have three years experiences at the helm yet this is only with two trip boats and a hotel boat all being wide-beams.

I am looking to explore more of the waterways round Yorkshire and as I do not own a boat this is not possible at the moment, I would like to offer my services to anyone cruising the region whether it be helping with the locks or just coming along for the ride. My main goal is to spend time with small craft and narrowboats to further my experience.

I presume they handle alot different to chimed widebeam craft.

Many thanks and once again sorry for the random topic

Morgan

I have three years experiences at the helm yet this is only with two trip boats and a hotel boat all being wide-beams.

I am looking to explore more of the waterways round Yorkshire and as I do not own a boat this is not possible at the moment, I would like to offer my services to anyone cruising the region whether it be helping with the locks or just coming along for the ride. My main goal is to spend time with small craft and narrowboats to further my experience.

Morgan

Contact Tony 'canaldrifter' He has a thread under Living Afloat - Curtains?

Sue

• 1 month later...

Morgan

As SueB says Tony will only be too willing to accommodate you...and take you to parts of the Yorkshire Waterways you could only dream of and to which hire boats are forbidden!

• 3 weeks later...

Morgan

hi there i had little or no experience with narrow boats and also live in yorkshire so i went to swinton lock activity centre and did a couple pf courses and i am now a volunteer and i am currently doing my skippers course they are a charity but they have great facilities and the trainers are brilliant look them up on internet