Guy's boat

canaldrifter

Featured Posts

What boater could fail to appreciate the latest episode? Crashing into brickwork. Boat painting in the rain. Wall-papering the interior.

Can't wait for the next episode when they go ice-breaking.

It beats Water World hands down.

Tone

I'm trying to work out what accent exactly.

I detect a bit of North Lincolnshire, some Yorkshire, and at one stage a touch of Lancashire

Guy actually comes from Lincoln, but there seems to me a bit of west Yorks (Haworth/Colne Valley) with the hard 'A' sound in water or more like watter..... Have heard the accent often enough though to know its basically Lincoln-Guisborough.

Have heard the accent often enough though to know its basically Lincoln-Guisborough.

Yes indeed, thoroughbred Yellowbelly.

Apparently the idea for the series grew from when he ran away, on a narrowboat, from an arranged marriage, with his aunty.

New game: Drink-a-long-a boat that guy built, everytime someone says chief, take a drink of your favourite tipple!

Eeeh - by 'eck, Chief.

Guy and Mavis are living proof (as if proof were needed) that there's more Chief's than we know what to do with

I 'appen (aye - 'appen!) te think that Phil Speight, Dave Moore, Kitman (et al) are the luckiest chaps alive - - they've all managed to carve out a career before Guy and Mave revolutionise the boat-painting industry

By 'eck

Chief

Apparently the idea for the series grew from when he ran away, on a narrowboat, from an arranged marriage, with his aunty.

They arranged for him to marry his aunty?

Tone

edited to add: Note to self. Count his fingers next time he's on.

Edited by canaldrifter

Will the boat be sold for an inflated price when the TV series ends like Dover :rolleyes:

It is being prepped for sale now. Cant remember which marina it is in but a friend of ours from Burton, who has turned over to the darkside, has bought a narrowboat. Reckless is moored next to his new purchase being stripped of its "unique" features.

It is being prepped for sale now. Cant remember which marina it is in but a friend of ours from Burton, who has turned over to the darkside, has bought a narrowboat. Reckless is moored next to his new purchase being stripped of its "unique" features.

What all that Bill Morris expensive wall paper,the steam power shower and that new paint job with signwriting and whatever has been or is to be fitted before the TV series ends :rolleyes:

Seems all a waste of effort if its all going to be removed,if its put on sale as the boat Guy built with its own TV series,thts what people will want to see :lol::lol:

And what boat is Guy and mate now working on with his unique style.

Heck he might pick a Bayliner next :help:

Has Dover actually sold ??

No.

Tony

Well isn't "Yes, and no"?

It did eventually sell the first time around.

Now it's up for (at least?) the second time around, and a deal isn't exactly happening lightning speed again.

It does look heaps tattier than it did last time, and my guess is will struggle to get interest at the currently advertised price.

Well isn't "Yes, and no"?

It did eventually sell the first time around.

Did it? I'm not arguing, just debating whether or not the sale actually went through. If it did, then how come Keith Duddy is still selling it? Or isn't he? I thought Braunston were simply brokering it for him.

Tony

Cant remember which marina it is in...

Streethay Wharf (again).

Tony

Streethay Wharf (again).

Tony

There's no mention of it on their website. Mind you, that's the most shockingly "I can't really be arsed" boats for sale page I've ever seen. Not one picture and hardly any text. There's so little effort there it's insulting.

• 1 month later...

Very incesting!

Are you suggesting that there's an element of interbreeding with yellow-bellies then? I remember a work colleague back in Merseyside whose mum-in-law was doing a thesis on this delicate subject. One of her conclusions was that the highest rate of incest in England centred around two towns in that county; Earlstown and Parr ( a sub-area of St. Helens). Having had school mates from both areas, I can only concur with her findings. :P

Mike

Very incesting!

Are you suggesting that there's an element of interbreeding with yellow-bellies then? I remember a work colleague back in Merseyside whose mum-in-law was doing a thesis on this delicate subject. One of her conclusions was that the highest rate of incest in England centred around two towns in that county; Earlstown and Parr ( a sub-area of St. Helens). Having had school mates from both areas, I can only concur with her findings. :P

Mike

Aren't we all descended from incestuous encounters?

Very incesting!

Mike

I used to collect rents around St Helens in the 1970s and there was always a nasty smell in the air from chemical pollution. People were found in their back gardens having passed out whilst hanging out the washing. I suppose if you called round and found your sister/cousin/aunt unconscious in the yard anything could happen...