Filming my journey/life onboard

PatM293

Featured Posts

Hi all,

As a newbie who has just moved onboard, I want to record some of my journeys and have seen some very clever camera and mapping online. I have the following equipment with me and would like your advice on the best setup to achieve this. HD Xacti camera, Notebook laptop, Water-Ways map program which has Nichalson mapping, wifi dongle, and GPS. Is there anything else I need and what is the best way of setting up ? I have some computer knowledge. Thanks in anticipation Pat.

A friend of mine who worked on a ship with me last year used to take photographs and link them to Google Earth using a GPS gadget from Maplins.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/gps-travel-tracker-227620

Unfortunately, he left the little blue device outside and nobody knew what it was, so we thought we had a security threat.

I've added your blog to my blogroll, so hope you plan to blog a bit more regularly now that you are afloat.

A friend of mine who worked on a ship with me last year used to take photographs and link them to Google Earth using a GPS gadget from Maplins.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/gps-travel-tracker-227620

Unfortunately, he left the little blue device outside and nobody knew what it was, so we thought we had a security threat.

I've added your blog to my blogroll, so hope you plan to blog a bit more regularly now that you are afloat.

Hi Mark, thanks for the info, I'll certainly be updating blog more often and have spent today catching up with yours and other favourites. Best wishes Pat.

A chap called Nic Chilton does some very good time lapse trip movies with map overlays. I do have his email address but wouldn't give it out, but I'd be happy to forward a message to him for you if you want to PM me one and your email address.

I have done a few for my own amusement but nothing as good as his stuff. Have a look in my sig you will see a link to them.

Biggles