Want seasonal work on the canals?

OXNB-2011

Featured Posts

Part Time Seasonal Staff Required at Oxfordshire Narrowboats, based at Lower Heyford in Oxfordshire.

We are looking for staff to help with our holiday boats. Duties would include assisting with narrowboat cleaning, customer handovers, general boatyard duties inc. blacking, in our village shop and in Kizzies’ Bistro. Boat handling experience an advantage. Average 30-35 hours per week. Starting April through to October.

Email Gilly at oxfordshire-narrowboats@hotmail.co.uk or telephone 01869 340348 for further details.

• 3 weeks later...

Part Time Seasonal Staff Required at Oxfordshire Narrowboats, based at Lower Heyford in Oxfordshire.

We are looking for staff to help with our holiday boats. Duties would include assisting with narrowboat cleaning, customer handovers, general boatyard duties inc. blacking, in our village shop and in Kizzies’ Bistro. Boat handling experience an advantage. Average 30-35 hours per week. Starting April through to October.

Email Gilly at oxfordshire-narrowboats@hotmail.co.uk or telephone 01869 340348 for further details.

What is full time if 30-35 hours is part time? The promise of a good session of blacking would really make me anticipate going to work. Hourly rate?

Can do it and have done it and love to do it again, love a call please Gilly, promise I will make your tea strong this year :)

Hello stranger. The promise of strong tea is always a terrific incentive! Email me at oxfordshire-narrowboats@hotmail.com and we can have a chat. XX

Dave is a diamond, and he has a fantastic crew up there, not least the lovely Gilly. Hard work, good pay, and a great atmosphere.

It's a long time since I've been called "lovely" and I thank you ! x

What is full time if 30-35 hours is part time? The promise of a good session of blacking would really make me anticipate going to work. Hourly rate?

Hourly rate is £6 and the 35 hours average is across the whole season, so some weeks will be less and some more. Hope this makes sense. Gilly

Jim Jam

Gave you wrong email address (doh!). Can only blame long days at the NEC boat show and a nasty cold. Sorry!

Email me at oxfordshire-narrowboats@hotmail.co.uk or call me on my mobile if you still have the number.

Gilly

Edited by OXNB-2011

Hi

Yes, £6.00 an hour is 'not a lot' But I'm sure Oxfordshire Narrowboats would pay more if they could afford to.

Martyn

Actually it's pathetic. Even when I subbed DD's boats on the Basy I paid my part-time staff £10ph, and that was nine years ago!

Tone

Not many excuses for paying minimum wage in the South East, that's for sure. Living wage is £7.80. The difference comes out of everyone else's pockets in the form of tax credits and housing benefit.

Very disappointed. They had a good reputation on wages.

Not many excuses for paying minimum wage in the South East, that's for sure. Living wage is £7.80. The difference comes out of everyone else's pockets in the form of tax credits and housing benefit.

Very disappointed. They had a good reputation on wages.

This is a job aimed at someone who can survive on this wage, obviously. It's a young persons job or someone who is thinking about retiring soon. It's not aimed at someone with a family to support.

Dont be dissapointed, it's a great job and I'm sure whoever gets the job will be over the moon and good luck to them.