A few snowy snaps

seaandland

Featured Posts

I remember when Emily Anne was on the Caldon a few years ago, i bet she could crunch through the ice easily

Saddly the vertical stem makes her fairly awful at ice breaking, as was put to the test last winter, although upto about 3/4 of an inch we had no problems at all, by the time it got to an inch we where limited to following other boats.

Daniel

Well thats a real shame, and such a suprise, i would have thought that Emily was so strong and tough that it would not be an issue to her at all. Do you have any history of her going through any ice at all Dan

Yeah it was a bit of a disappointment as to how rubbish she was, ive just didnt have anywhere to go, so once it wouldnt break up with a end loading you just stopped very abruptly with slightly more deformation of the bow than idea! Heavy tho she is, the bow is the same 6mm steel anyone else is made from. As far as i know, thats the first time shes been used in ice.

Daniel

These pics are not boat related but thought I would share anyway. Although the river Dee is not far away and the Llangollen canal just a few miles down the A5.

I took these early morning at Glydyfrdwy on the Llangollen Steam Railway on Saturday 4th Dec just before opening the Signal box for the first Santa Special train of the day.

glyn1.jpg

By churchward at 2010-12-13

glyn2.jpg

By churchward at 2010-12-13