young male deck hand!!

daveyboi2050

Featured Posts

well as you lot our all asking questions about my hundreds of boating holidays and hours on the waterways

i shall try to expain without the mick being took out of me i hope.

my first boating holiday was the river thames when i was 3 years old. my family then realised there love for boating holidays and

holidayed twice sometimes three times a year on the norfolk broads. When i was aged about 8 or 9 my dad bought a 27ft 4 berth cruiser

and it was moored on the shroppie in Waverton by Chester and spent many happy years cruisng to Chester Llangollen and surrounding area`s

being a little older this is were i realised my love of the waterways. I would run home from school on a friday afternoon and beg my dad to take me away

for the weekend on the boat even in the winter.

A few years later due to my parents getting devoriced we had to get rid of the cruiser.

To compensate me and my dad had around 5 to 7 holidays a year either on the Norfolk broads or the canals in england or france.

On one trip i was around 17 at this point we hired a boat out of Trevor on the Llangollen and i got talking the the "skipper" of a narrowboat that belonged to a charity from shropshire

and i ened up volenteering for them talking sick children and there familys for a few days holidays on the canal.

I volenteered for a season and was away most weekends the skipper put me forward to take my RYA inland waterways.

i still holiday with my dad more on the canals now the the broads and France now we take around 6 to 8 holidays a year.

the reason for my post on here was to try and meet people who are into the canals i get on great with older people and was offering myself

to help doing locks and brew up for the day or move your boat etc.

there wasnt really any call for all the stick i got.

• Greenie 1

i just cant beleive that such a good boating community turns into such a horrible nasty group of backstabbers and nasty people.

iam 23 and had a fair few holidays on the canal around 8/10 a year.

but i suffer with dyslexia.

and yes i have passed my RYA inland waterways

just because i cant spell doesnt mean i cant skipper a boat.

or help out a single handed skipper doing locks etc.

and were i have promoted myself???

if you read it properly it says " to help people skipper there boat!

compared to another forum I am a member of (not about boating) even the arguements I have seen on here are positively friendly lol.

Anyway good luck with finding boats to help out on

well as you lot our all asking questions about my hundreds of boating holidays and hours on the waterways

i shall try to expain without the mick being took out of me i hope.

my first boating holiday was the river thames when i was 3 years old. my family then realised there love for boating holidays and

holidayed twice sometimes three times a year on the norfolk broads. When i was aged about 8 or 9 my dad bought a 27ft 4 berth cruiser

and it was moored on the shroppie in Waverton by Chester and spent many happy years cruisng to Chester Llangollen and surrounding area`s

being a little older this is were i realised my love of the waterways. I would run home from school on a friday afternoon and beg my dad to take me away

for the weekend on the boat even in the winter.

A few years later due to my parents getting devoriced we had to get rid of the cruiser.

To compensate me and my dad had around 5 to 7 holidays a year either on the Norfolk broads or the canals in england or france.

On one trip i was around 17 at this point we hired a boat out of Trevor on the Llangollen and i got talking the the "skipper" of a narrowboat that belonged to a charity from shropshire

and i ened up volenteering for them talking sick children and there familys for a few days holidays on the canal.

I volenteered for a season and was away most weekends the skipper put me forward to take my RYA inland waterways.

i still holiday with my dad more on the canals now the the broads and France now we take around 6 to 8 holidays a year.

the reason for my post on here was to try and meet people who are into the canals i get on great with older people and was offering myself

to help doing locks and brew up for the day or move your boat etc.

there wasnt really any call for all the stick i got.

I like the cut of your jib!...if TNC were doing anything* we would sign you up tomorrow...we are always looking for more slaves crew! :lol:

One thought, quite often DBA (de Barge Association) members are after crew to help them move their barges around Le Continot. Some charge for the privilege...others don't.

TNC were doing anything*

"Normal service will resume as soon as possible", once barge Maurice A is ready (which could be some time!)

Re-do all of Ireland inc the Royal, then off to France.

• 2 weeks later...