narrow shower tray

mr toad

Featured Posts

Does any one know of a narrow shower tray. The one in my boat is a steel one that has rusted it is 550mm wide by 1115mm long. I am thinking about getting one made from stainless steel with a non slip mat in it. I want one that is bigger than the standard 2 foot square, not so much the width but i like the length. Also I have one of those twin tub type washers that fits quite well in it.

thought about getting one made from chequer plate (naturally non slip) and I work for a company that can get this for me at cost price and made to my request. But i would have prefered one that is perhaps plastic, i dont think I would like making one myself from grp. Cannot get a standard width tray in 2'6" because I have a central corridor. Good ideas though.

You can get a very narrow chequer plate by special order the raised pattern is very close together. It is more comfortable than you might think. the only problem is the waste. you have to grind the pattern down with a grinder to allow the waste to fit flush. alternatively I will consider 5mm thick steel plate with a small lip at the front that a shower screen rubber edge could sit on ( i mean as it would rub across a bath to keep water in.

who needs a shower tray?

I have a wetroom. no loss of space. KISS.

Hello Chris

I looked at Sea Otters as part of my search for a new boat and their smaller models have wetroom showers/bathrooms to save space. I'd never heard of this idea before but I don't think I'd want it on my boat. Yes it saves space but the trade-off is the mess of the thing with the whole room being damp and manky all the time even if you just go in for a french.

Assuming one has the space, I see little attraction in the idea.

regards

Steve

Getting a shower try fabricated in aluminium or stainless is quite feasible, keep it simple and it shouldn't cost too much. I made mine as little more than the outer frame which was then fixed permanently in place, a shallow steel bitumen coated tray fits below from where the water is pumped out. A well painted plywood platform mounted on rubber pads sits on top, and within that I used those plastic interlocking tile things that are sold for making a non-slip deck.

Wet rooms were very popular a few years ago but it is said that they tend to give the boat a damp feel, but then Chris P seems to get on with his.

Edited by John Orentas

Does any one know of a narrow shower tray. The one in my boat is a steel one that has rusted it is 550mm wide by 1115mm long. I am thinking about getting one made from stainless steel with a non slip mat in it. I want one that is bigger than the standard 2 foot square, not so much the width but i like the length. Also I have one of those twin tub type washers that fits quite well in it.

Purchased a 3ft X 2ft fibreglass shower tray from BRIDGE HOUSE CHANDLERY WORLD. Try website for tel. etc. They can order you one. Cost is £117 though. It has upstands all round so that you can overlap the tiles etc for better waterproofing. Hope this helps. :lol: