looking for a cruising companion

dccruiser

Featured Posts

I do not recall any reconciliation, Have missed somthing ? In fact the majority of comments by a few in this thread bears out my initial gripe several weeks ago, which i am sure you can all remember. There are times and places for your alleged humour / point scoring. All i have to say on the matter less it turns in to another deleted thread.

Yes you have had threads and posts removed quite often, haven't you, Mickey? We have to remember your contributions because they have been deleted from all but memory.

Your initial gripe was that people were having fun so yes, indeed, I will continue bearing this out and continue having fun.

Funnily enough your whinge about under-moderation, a few weeks ago, resulted in the mods intervening so I guess your mission was a success. :rolleyes:

Edited by carlt

http://www.canalworl...showtopic=27644

Funny all those that posted asking for this forum and that decribed its use never said anything about banter, also looking at past posts for help there isnt one p*ss take or banter among them... were you asleep that day? or on holiday perhaps? ... or is it that if i ask for help next sunday through foxton thats ok, but if i choose to instead ask if there is a lady out there who wishes to accompany me you feel the need to sabotage my thread? ... oh and of course , load of b*llox or not excersise your right to post?

Rick like I said - Its best to ignore those well, that wont help, but maybe wewill have the last laugh when they need help.....I needed help when my prop fell off yet no one came to my aid..

Feck em...better still ignore em I know who my mates are and thats not many off here...

Good Luck xx

Yes you have had threads and posts removed quite often, haven't you, Mickey? We have to remember your contributions because they have been deleted from all but memory.

Your initial gripe was that people were having fun so yes, indeed, I will continue bearing this out and continue having fun.

Funnily enough your whinge about under-moderation, a few weeks ago, resulted in the mods intervening so I guess your mission was a success. :rolleyes:

Yes you are almost correct. I did have one thread deleted, note that is singular, not plural.

People having fun at other peoples expense, is not funny to me.

Yes and with a bit of luck the mods intervene and delete you ! :cheers:

Edited by micky44

Rick like I said - Its best to ignore those well, that wont help, but maybe wewill have the last laugh when they need help.....I needed help when my prop fell off yet no one came to my aid..

Feck em...better still ignore em I know who my mates are and thats not many off here...

Good Luck xx

Sorry but are you condemning me for not offering assistance?

I didn't know your prop fell off until you made your comment on this thread but, as my son is off school ill, I wouldn't have been able to help anyway.

I think there is no shortage of members that would testify to my willingness to offer assistance, though it has to be said, it was never requested quite so churlishly, in the past.

I have a keb you can borrow, if you can pick it up...

People having fun at other peoples expense, is not funny to me.

Light hearted banter is not the same as making fun at others expense. The trick is to laugh along, rather than rail against.

I was referring to the mods deleting your rants, by the way. :rolleyes:

Edited by carlt

Sorry but are you condemning me for not offering assistance?

I didn't know your prop fell off until you made your comment on this thread but, as my son is off school, ill, I wouldn't have been able to anyway.

I think there is no shortage of members that would testify to my willingness to offer assistance though it has to be said, it was never requested quite so churlishly, in the past.

I have a keb you can borrow, if you can pick it up...

Light hearted banter is not the same as making fun at others expense. The trick is to laugh along, rather than rail against.

I was referring to the mods deleting your rants, by the way. :rolleyes:

Sorry Carl did I mention you not helping me in the thread? I agree the trick is to laugh along but when my little girl is crying coz she's scared stiff my boats prop has fallen off and were not going anywhere....well Im sorry..All we wanted was some help and to get back to my moorings......

Sorry Carl did I mention you not helping me in the thread? I agree the trick is to laugh along but when my little girl is crying coz she's scared stiff my boats prop has fallen off and were not going anywhere....well Im sorry..All we wanted was some help and to get back to my moorings......

Sorry, just don't get the relevance.

Like I said, if someone needs help, they are not too far and family commitments allow, then I offer assistance.

Quite what this has to do with humorous comments in a dating thread I'm not too sure, though.

Sorry, just don't get the relevance.

Like I said, if someone needs help, they are not too far and family commitments allow, then I offer assistance.

Quite what this has to do with humorous comments in a dating thread I'm not too sure, though.

You tend to take the piss as per.....

Nough said cheers big ears :cheers:

Good Luck xx

Roxy.

I realise that you weren't referring to all of us on here, and I also realise it's easy for me to say this from the comfort of my home here in Hampshire, but I will say it anyway.

If I was aware that anyone, and I mean anyone, was in trouble or distress near to where I am on the canals I would do my up-most to help. If I couldn't help personally then I would seek help from others.

I have on two occasions towed boats to boatyards and also 'got my hands dirty' refitting some ones belt drives. Not a great deal I know, but come on lets be honest here, the people that don't/won't help must be in the minority on this site.

Martyn

Roxy.

I realise that you weren't referring to all of us on here, and I also realise it's easy for me to say this from the comfort of my home here in Hampshire, but I will say it anyway.

If I was aware that anyone, and I mean anyone, was in trouble or distress near to where I am on the canals I would do my up-most to help. If I couldn't help personally then I would seek help from others.

I have on two occasions towed boats to boatyards and also 'got my hands dirty' refitting some ones belt drives. Not a great deal I know, but come on lets be honest here, the people that don't/won't help must be in the minority on this site.

Martyn

I always need help Martyn...infact I need a carpenter....xxx

I always need help Martyn...infact I need a carpenter....xxx

Sorry, two things.

1. I am far away.

2. I can just about knock a nail in straight, just about.

3. Yeah I know, but 3, Was the prop a wooden one then?

That was an attempt on a joke.

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch

Roxy maybe DC is good with wood. I,m the best carpenter on the planet but wot with my newly diagnosed Parkinsons and my misplaced sense of humour and being on the other side of the world I cant be of any help. Carl is a woodsmen but you have burnt that bridge now Dc sounds like a good catch, go for it :wacko:

Roxy maybe DC is good with wood. I,m the best carpenter on the planet but wot with my newly diagnosed Parkinsons and my misplaced sense of humour and being on the other side of the world I cant be of any help. Carl is a woodsmen but you have burnt that bridge now Dc sounds like a good catch, go for it :wacko:

Thanks for that Cilla ! seriously though , along with anyone else who may need help in the Leics/Derby?Notts area , i am more than happy to do anything i can to help as it is always nice to meet and make new friends and be an active member of the community.

Rick

Ah , you have been diagnosed with Parkinsons i take back all i said and thought about your comments. All is explained now. My i wish you and your family all the best for the future.

Aye its not a death sentence Micky and I,m still able to take the piss out of myself as well as anyone else who puts themselves up for it. I would hat eto think anyone on her eever takes me serilously, lifes too short. I hope DC gets a travelling companion but dont think advertising the way however each to their own and it wil increase the odds perhaps.

Just to repeat I,m not so small a person as to think I cant have alaugh at my own expense and tend to put myself up for it to amuse others

Stuart

Can I just post an apology to all? I had a really bad day yesterday/lastnight and may of offended some with my posts/comments.

Would just like to say a big sorry to those that I may have been 'off' with or upset in my rants.....

God bless

Rachel

xxx

Thanks for that Cilla ! seriously though , along with anyone else who may need help in the Leics/Derby?Notts area , i am more than happy to do anything i can to help as it is always nice to meet and make new friends and be an active member of the community.

Rick

Good luck Rick, its difficult to know others intentions in written communications. My propensity to see the humour in all things is what gives me my carefree disposition and evn now with what I have to look forward too in the future and whats gone on in recent years I still find fun in whatever I encounter. Carl is a very dry and intelectual wit and like me sees the lighter side of things, maybe he to has endured some dark days.

i,m of the belief that if you are keen to meet someone without being overly keen then this will eminate from your very being and you wont have to present yourself to many people before you get a bite.

Il,, sign off now and leave you to keep the thread alive

Stuart

Can I just post an apology to all? I had a really bad day yesterday/lastnight and may of offended some with my posts/comments.

Would just like to say a big sorry to those that I may have been 'off' with or upset in my rants.....

God bless

Rachel

xxx

hello Roxy if I wasnt still in love with my lovely wife after 35yrs and 31 of them married to her I,d chase you about a bit cos you sound like a fiesty bird, You seemed a tad stressed especially having a go at Carl, he is the forums knight in shining armour aftert all :lol: The forumneed sits characters so dont apologise for your quirks, we all go off on one now and again thats what families do!!!

Good luck Rick, its difficult to know others intentions in written communications. My propensity to see the humour in all things is what gives me my carefree disposition and evn now with what I have to look forward too in the future and whats gone on in recent years I still find fun in whatever I encounter. Carl is a very dry and intelectual wit and like me sees the lighter side of things, maybe he to has endured some dark days.

i,m of the belief that if you are keen to meet someone without being overly keen then this will eminate from your very being and you wont have to present yourself to many people before you get a bite.

Stuart

hello Roxy if I wasnt still in love with my lovely wife after 35yrs and 31 of them married to her I,d chase you about a bit cos you sound like a fiesty bird, You seemed a tad stressed especially having a go at Carl, he is the forums knight in shining armour aftert all :lol: The forumneed sits characters so dont apologise for your quirks, we all go off on one now and again thats what families do!!!

:wub: Thankyou Stupot....always the same story, there either too old, married or gay or want to **** about.

Im only fiesty when being told what to do, its my way or noway!! :lol:

:wub:

God bless

Rachel

xxx

Didn't notice.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, wonderful words of advice mate, guess this last year i have been through the mill one too many times with one thing and another so just a bit too much of the bull in a china shop as i am just so keen to get out there and having fun boating ..... As for Rachel if she wasnt so fiesty ..... :)

All the best mate

Rick

God bless

Rachel

xxx

Hi Roxy

I think many of us have been there and done that!

The fact that you have a conscience about it and feel the need to apologise says a lot about your character and personality.

Personally, I wasn't in the slightest offended ...... keep the posts coming. :cheers::lol:

Best wishes

Phil

xx

• 1 month later...

I am a 49 year old retired single guy, looking for a long term cruising companion to accompany me and my dog and explore the system.

The boat is currently moored in derbyshire for the winter, i am not currently a liveaboard boater or cc'er.

The boat is in useable condition, but i am currently refitting it to fully suit long term cruising including a pram hood cover and a new central heating system to allow for comfortable cruising in any weather.

Ideally i would find someone who is also retired or free of work commitments as i am not looking to race to get anywhere, but as i am keeping my house as a base, regular trips home to visit family etc will be incorporated in cruising plans.

Please feel free to p.m. me if you are genuinly interested.

Rick

im intrested,let me know,thanks trev

• 2 weeks later...

Whos chucked there toys out of there pram now!!??

Chill out :cheers:

Ps - If the OP is having a 'hissy fit' keep your gob shut and ignore it, or even better turn off your comp/lappy/iphone/ipad...and go to work :D

PPS - Carlt have you got a wet suit? I need to recover my prop :D Blessings xxx

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH,you are naughty.Rubber its the way to go girl!!