Is there such a thing as canal world dating

hubble1974

Featured Posts

**snip\88

What was her problem? She'd tried to steal someones husband, succeeded, got what she wanted and still wouldn't let go. Very Strange

Well, that's wimmin for ya...

I bet, that she is making her new conquest's life hell aswell. Because after all, it is his fault... of course.

Soon, it will just be me, and just my boat.

:cheers: :cheers:

There seems to be a lot of this matchmaking about just now. I was in Wiltshire with some friends last week, one of whom always tries to 'fix me up' usually with men who are not remotely my cup of campari. But this time she has found a builder who lives on a boat, sounds slightly more promising (not that I am looking) but it is a pity that he is on the K and A and I have just moved from there! BSP - I had no idea you were a match maker. This thread has made me smile.:P

I'm not aware of one although we'll sell you Phylis if you wish!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I doubt if Dan could afford her!

OK, OK, we'll pay for you to take her! Please!

Can I be the first one to sponsor this event :cheers:

Not sure this forumis quite the right place, seems to be full of mainly, bearded, long haired old folk...

Casp'

So you've met the wife then? :lol:

Quote: What was her problem?

Her gender!

This thread has made me smile.:P

Smile! I've nearly wet myself laughing at the related comments about Phylis. The nice thing is that she took it all in good spirit. :P

Edited by Doorman

..Sometime later I started dating Val, while Kevin was initially shocked he very quickly not only accepted this but gave it his blessing and wished us every happiness (He sent a card for our wedding). He had set Val free and also admitted it made his guilt easier to bear that his ex had found happiness again. His new woman however hit the roof, and declared this an act of treachery of the highest order, not only that, but went around telling all mutual friends this (which cost Kevin a lot of friends). What was her problem? She'd tried to steal someones husband, succeeded, got what she wanted and still wouldn't let go. Very Strange.

OK, try this for a theory. Some women seem to get a lot of their self-image from feeling that they are better/ more attractive/ etc than other women, and that they have something that other women desire. Why else would these women (Woman A) say things like "look at the state of her, what DOES she think she looks like? (Woman B )." If woman B looks awful, she can't be a 'threat' to woman A - so why does woman A harp on about it? I assume that this is so that she can feel superior. Take a party/ dinner dance etc. Women dress to look good to the men, but also to look better than the other women - it's a status thing for a certain type of woman.

So, here's my idea. 'New Woman' thinks that she has something that Val wants/desires - she can feel superior, and imagine that she has one up on Val. Val gets new partner, 'New woman' can't now indulge her fantasies of Val feeling hurt, inferior, less attractive, and wanting her former bloke back. 'New woman' is so bound up in this that she can't hide the fact that she is furious - she can't even see that anyone else would think that she is unreasonable. Kevin can't really do anything - he's made a major commitment by having an affair, breaking up with Val, he can't now break up with 'New woman' who is being unreasonable, without looking a tosser himself - and having people say "well, we knew what she was like/ told you so...etc".

Anyway, that's my theory for what it's worth.

OH and I are quite lucky, we don't see them very often (pressures of time and geography) but we are good friends with both of our our former partners.

Cheers

Cath

Edited by Catrin

OK, try this for a theory. Some women seem to get a lot of their self-image from feeling that they are better/ more attractive/ etc than other women, and that they have something that other women desire. Why else would these women (Woman A) say things like "look at the state of her, what DOES she think she looks like? (Woman B )." If woman B looks awful, she can't be a 'threat' to woman A - so why does woman A harp on about it? I assume that this is so that she can feel superior. Take a party/ dinner dance etc. Women dress to look good to the men, but also to look better than the other women - it's a status thing for a certain type of woman.

So, here's my idea. 'New Woman' thinks that she has something that Val wants/desires - she can feel superior, and imagine that she has one up on Val. Val gets new partner, 'New woman' can't now indulge her fantasies of Val feeling hurt, inferior, less attractive, and wanting her former bloke back. 'New woman' is so bound up in this that she can't hide the fact that she is furious - she can't even see that anyone else would think that she is unreasonable. Kevin can't really do anything - he's made a major commitment by having an affair, breaking up with Val, he can't now break up with 'New woman' who is being unreasonable, without looking a tosser himself - and having people say "well, we knew what she was like/ told you so...etc".

OH and I are quite lucky, we don't see them very often (pressures of time and geography) but we are good friends with both of our our former partners.

Cheers

Cath

An interesting and honest appraisal of the intricacies of a fair maiden's mind. Is it any wonder that us 'inferior' males are so confused by their activities? :wacko:

Cheers

Cath

That makes an awful lot of sense, and confirms my view not only of "new woman" (who is also Val just to confuse things!) but that sometime the Finchers and the Magpies really should have beer together.

I didn't realise you two were on your second time round, I recall my feeling of utter shame when divorce became inevitable for me, and astonishment at how many people I knew through work, church etc that were happily married were actually married for the second time.

I sympathise, MP - my first wife left after 3 months and I guess I went through the approved range of emotions including despair, anger, bewilderment and perm any five from ten. The only plus point at the time was that my late mother, who was always rattling on about what awful people divorcees were, fell suddenly silent.

In the longer term, a further plus point is that Mrs. Athy and I have now been married 23 years. I never even think of her as the "second" Mrs. A, just as the only real one.

• Greenie 1

That makes an awful lot of sense, and confirms my view not only of "new woman" (who is also Val just to confuse things!) but that sometime the Finchers and the Magpies really should have beer together.

I didn't realise you two were on your second time round, I recall my feeling of utter shame when divorce became inevitable for me, and astonishment at how many people I knew through work, church etc that were happily married were actually married for the second time.

For me, the deceived one, divorce was a journey well worth traveling, if only to retrieve my dignity and self worth. On reflection of a marriage made in hell, I could only blame myself for choosing an inappropriate partner in the first instance. But then, at the age of 22, a man is possibly guided by his testosterone level, rather by his intelligence quota.

It has taken me three attempts to find my soul mate and dare I say, by selecting from an internet social networking site. Although some might say that this choice of dating is somewhat clinical in its approach, it is none the less practical in terms of matching two strangers with similar interests.

The present Mrs Doorman, could not have any further similar life interests than myself. I feel very privileged to have found her!

Mike

Edited by Doorman

For me, the deceived one, divorce was a journey well worth traveling, if only to retrieve my dignity and self worth. On reflection of a marriage made in hell, I could only blame myself for choosing an inappropriate partner in the first instance. But then, at the age of 22, a man is possibly guided by his testosterone level, rather by his intelligence quota.

It has taken me three attempts to find my soul mate and dare I say, by selecting from an internet social networking site. Although some might say that this choice of dating is somewhat clinical in its approach, it is none the less practical in terms of matching two strangers with similar interests.

The present Mrs Doorman, could not have any further similar life interests than myself. I feel very privileged to have found her!

Mike

That is a lovely thing to say ! Long may you remain happy x

Sounds great, any excuse for a beer! :cheers:

Cheers

Cath

Glad you guys on the second time around are having a more positive experience this go.

Makes me appreciate how lucky Jan and I are - currently coming up to our 30th next month.

Edited by MJG

Glad you guys on the second time around are having a more positive experience this go.

Makes me appreciate how lucky Jan and I are - currently coming up to our 30th next month.

30 divorces each!!?? :o

How unlucky can two people be?

Did you meet at a Guinness World Records convention or was it pure coincidence that you had this in common?

30 divorces each!!?? :o

How unlucky can two people be?

Did you meet at a Guinness World Records convention or was it pure coincidence that you had this in common?

You should have bid for that lovely boat! :P It would've kept you from making such flippant remarks :rolleyes:

You should have bid for that lovely boat! :P It would've kept you from making such flippant remarks :rolleyes:

But were would CWDF be without them - a sad and uninteresting place with no humour or irony..... :rolleyes:

I sympathise, MP - my first wife left after 3 months and I guess I went through the approved range of emotions including despair, anger, bewilderment and perm any five from ten. The only plus point at the time was that my late mother, who was always rattling on about what awful people divorcees were, fell suddenly silent.

In the longer term, a further plus point is that Mrs. Athy and I have now been married 23 years. I never even think of her as the "second" Mrs. A, just as the only real one.

I'd have to agree, and I sometimes make the point that Valerie is the first Mrs Moss, as ex kept her maiden name

But were would CWDF be without them - a sad and uninteresting place with no humour or irony..... :rolleyes:

Too right! I've had a right good laugh on here today. Specially about the 'Phylis' comments. It's just as well that she's got a thick skin though.

Mike

Too right! I've had a right good laugh on here today. Specially about the 'Phylis' comments. It's just as well that she's got a thick skin though.

Mike

Mrs T writes.....

We women have to .. ...considering how we have to put up with your "agony column" on this thread...

Yours, FLATLY refusing to go and get her coat...

Mrs T

Interesting thread! As a solo liveaboard (3 yrs seperated) I have on occasion wondered about the dating n mating game. Definitely not easy to get back into especially 28 yrs after the last attempts. I guess like many other liveaboards my life experiences have contributed to me ending up on the cut where I now live a reasonably content single life with my little black mutt.

Meeting potential soulmates on the cut hasn't been easy due to lack of numbers I guess. But I have found, since going back into nursing that I meet loads of ladies and living on a boat is a definite advantage. Ladies seem to find me much more windswept and interesting than previously. Losing a shedload of weight has also helped but the boat has provided great conversation material which has progressed further on several occasions :-)

But I have to say it would be nice to hook up with anothr boater (preferably female)I think boaters are different in all sorts of nice ways. So BSP count me in - but please admin dont put "long standing member" on my profile I wouldn't want to mislead anybody.

Regards

Phil

Mrs T writes.....

We women have to .. ...considering how we have to put up with your "agony column" on this thread...

Yours, FLATLY refusing to go and get her coat...

Mrs T

:lol: Where else can us poor downtrodden menfolk air our grievances? No use trying to appeal to our wives, we'd never get a word in edge ways. Most of the women I've ever encountered, appeared to have been inoculated at birth with a gramophone needle! :wacko:

Turns to adjust his hearing aid :help:

• Greenie 1

:lol: Where else can us poor downtrodden menfolk air our grievances? No use trying to appeal to our wives, we'd never get a word in edge ways. Most of the women I've ever encountered, appeared to have been inoculated at birth with a gramophone needle! :wacko:

Turns to adjust his hearing aid :help:

:clapping:

We went to relate, and when my wife complained to the counsiler that I had not spoken to her for several years, the lady asked if this was true.

"Yes", I replied. "I think it's rude to interupt."

Edited by luctor et emergo

Interesting thread! As a solo liveaboard (3 yrs seperated) I have on occasion wondered about the dating n mating game. Definitely not easy to get back into especially 28 yrs after the last attempts. I guess like many other liveaboards my life experiences have contributed to me ending up on the cut where I now live a reasonably content single life with my little black mutt.

Meeting potential soulmates on the cut hasn't been easy due to lack of numbers I guess. But I have found, since going back into nursing that I meet loads of ladies and living on a boat is a definite advantage. Ladies seem to find me much more windswept and interesting than previously. Losing a shedload of weight has also helped but the boat has provided great conversation material which has progressed further on several occasions :-)

But I have to say it would be nice to hook up with anothr boater (preferably female)I think boaters are different in all sorts of nice ways. So BSP count me in - but please admin dont put "long standing member" on my profile I wouldn't want to mislead anybody.

Regards

Phil

Quite right! The Trades Description Act is totally enforceable on here. Personally speaking, I always quote in centimetres,

it's far more impressionable that way! :blush:

Mike

:clapping:

We went to relate, and when my wife complained to the counsiler that I had not spoken to her for several years, the lady asked if this was true.

"Yes", I replied. "I think it's rude to interupt."

:P Watch out for a tirade of gender jokes to follow, I think the flood gates are about to open!

The oppressed one

Despite my previous long term relationships comprising of a serial adulteress and a business woman who managed to fleece me of every single one of my possessions, apart from my boat (which she had forgotten I owned), I am extremely grateful to both of them for being instrumental in my arriving at the point I am, in my life, now.