Archive Film of Leicester Adventure Afloat in 1986

Roger t' Bodger

Featured Posts

A labour of love of piecing video this together from hours of indifferent or just plain awful footage taken in 1986 -88 by various people of many different trips the boats made. I've attempted to assembled the dispirate clips into a two day voyage aboard the boats by a host of people. A bloody shame it had to end as the urban kids had their eyes opened wide at an impressionable age making them more respectful to their environment.

Make sure you've got refreshments close to hand - its a long one http://www.vimeo.com/14113027

At their peak :- 1989

Image9.jpg

not in my area but what a wonderful project it seemed to be and such a sad end for the boats.. but .. lots of memories formed and maybe some future barge owners in there somewhere??

My thoughts exactly. Since the demise of Leicester Adventure Afloat there hasn't been anything to replace it in the city except for trip boats one day a year on the Mile Straight! Shameful.

• 1 month later...