battery replacement tips

pquinn

Featured Posts

Just now, Robbo said:

Trojans are around 1600 cycles where lithiums are around 5000 to the same 50% DoD.  So with Trojans you will need to replace 3 times for the same amount of cycles which is roughly the same price of the Relion.  As charging lithium is so much quicker, if your doing via genny then this is the biggest advantage and money saver.

Gotcha.

So it seems to me that for someone who always struggles to charge their batteries (Mike!) they'd make sense but for someone who cruises a lot and doesn't use a stack of electrical energy there's no point until the prices come down. 

5 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Gotcha.

So it seems to me that for someone who always struggles to charge their batteries (Mike!) they'd make sense but for someone who cruises a lot and doesn't use a stack of electrical energy there's no point until the prices come down. 

They would make theoretical sense until it came time to part with 2-3k

9 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Gotcha.

I would say the biggest advantage of them is the charging bit, and potential biggest money saving bit.  Of course this may only be relevant in winter, as summer you may have solar n cruising..

Edited by Robbo

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Dom McHale said:

One of my batteries is developing a sort of green fur? Do I need to replace it? I apologise for my ignorance but are the positive and negative connections clearly marked?

Thats just Orville. Batteries are clearly marked with a plus and minus near the terminals. 

14 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Thats just Orville. Batteries are clearly marked with a plus and minus near the terminals. 

And the positive Terminal (Tapered Post Type) has a Greater Diameter than the Negative one.

16 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

If it is Orville ,should one Wright it off?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cereal tiller said:

If it is Orville ,should one Wright it off?

I would like to apologise on behalf of myself and fellow forumites for our flippant remarks and awful jokes. 

Please  don't  let it put you off . We're more chuckle brothers than Wright brothers.