Braunston Historic Narrowboat Rally 26th-27th June

Featured Posts

Well I've been trying to find the answer to David's original question!

Namely which actual day(s) will people be there....

snip

Is that even vaguely anywhere near the current situation, please ? (I'm totally confident I'll have got some of it wrong!....)

Corrections ? Additions ?

So, with most of you there both days it seems, and only a few of us as day visitors, what plans, if any for any "mini-banter" type meet ups ?

Anyone going to suggest anything formal, or do we all walk around missing each other ? :lol:

We arrived this morning and have moored by the A 45 bridge on the N oxford. We will be around all day Saturday and maybe Sunday, I willhave been tied up a long time by then so may have itchy feet

snip

Is that even vaguely anywhere near the current situation, please ? (I'm totally confident I'll have got some of it wrong!....)

So, with most of you there both days it seems, and only a few of us as day visitors, what plans, if any for any "mini-banter" type meet ups ?

Anyone going to suggest anything formal, or do we all walk around missing each other ? :lol:

We arrived this morning and have moored by the A 45 bridge on the N oxford. We will be around all day Saturday and maybe Sunday, I willhave been tied up a long time by then so may have itchy feet

After the parade on Saturday I shall be in need of a drink. CWDF-ers are more than welcome to congregate at Owl for a beer. (I'm assuming that not all eight thousand forum members will be at Braunston :lol:)

We're tied up between the ladder bridge and Butcher's bridge.

I'm not sure of the timing of the parade. There is talk of dividing it into three sections. Anyway, we'll probably be finished the parade by 2.30.

I may be going on the Sunday. I can't go on the Saturday as I have to be elsewhere (Cambridge), but if I manage to get organised I may go on Sunday. So far I have missed the show and really want to go! I will probably be the dazed looking one with the equally dazed looking dog.

I have a present for you, which would be better delivered by hand! So you'd better make it to Braunston :lol:

put me down for the whole weekend with Aldgate :lol:

Edited by Kez

I hope you'll be able to prise yourself away for a cheeky pint, not that I drink of course, but feel it should be the right thing to do, is it my round??!!!!

:lol:

I'm sure Aldgate can be trusted while I go for a couple of pints :lol:

It took me long enough to get the right link to make the photo work and besides I have been on the red juice and cheese boat cheese

Sounds fair enough - very pleased to see they made it. I think they came from Sutton stop, so not bad for an afternoon arrival.

I await their blog to see if they have managed a day without getting jammed either in or on something! (Hope they are not saving that up for a cavalcade run!......)

Well, Tycho got there, but courtesy of Frank with 'Victoria' towing after she'd failed at the bottom of Buckby. Or to put it more correctly - I failed to check the high pressure pump was securely mounted on its plinth - how often do you do these things???

Happily Jono came to the rescue, and I hear from Ian she's running again. Most embarrassing! Looks like I'll be buying for those involved.

Derek

Well, Tycho got there, but courtesy of Frank with 'Victoria' towing after she'd failed at the bottom of Buckby. Or to put it more correctly - I failed to check the high pressure pump was securely mounted on its plinth - how often do you do these things???

Happily Jono came to the rescue, and I hear from Ian she's running again. Most embarrassing! Looks like I'll be buying for those involved.

Derek

You leave Ian with it for 5 minutes and this is what he does!!!

If it makes you feel any better - I forgot to fill the day tank and ran out of fuel in the middle of Nuneaton! Then had to bleed it through which was a total mare!

I await their blog to see if they have managed a day without getting jammed either in or on something! (Hope they are not saving that up for a cavalcade run!......)

If they've arrived at Braunston you might be waiting for some time: Braunston is not renowned for its good mobile coverage.

MP.

The red one with pickled onion

My favourite.

I bumped into them up the far reaches of the Coventry, when I was looking for a sunken wooden boat.

They hadn't seen the boat but i bought one of each cheeses and went back to the car and sat with my French army knife tucking in.

If they've arrived at Braunston you might be waiting for some time: Braunston is not renowned for its good mobile coverage.

You probably have a point!

EDITED TO ADD:

Although Brian is presumably at a place and on a Network where he has a signal.

Edited by alan_fincher

I think I am still leaning towards Sunday. Also my NDN is a bowls widow and she may want to come too. So look out for the tiny two!! She blonde, me still dark haired and both very close to the ground!!

Of the 'Sunday' list, then Bones is the only person I know. As she is not that close to the ground then I hope to spot her before she needs the magnifying glass!!

We just finished a neighbourly impromptu BBQ, food and drink from all 3 houses and great laughs, 4 cats wandering around and now all over!

Yes, I know a boaty BBQ would not end so early, but these land lubbers have little stamina!! However, as neighbours I am lucky!!