Braunston Historic Narrowboat Rally 26th-27th June

Featured Posts

It now looks as if I will be suffuiciently well recovered from my recent operation to attend the Braunston Historic Narrowboat Rally at the end of June, but as the Medical people are not really happy that I engage in any potentially strenuous activity yet, we have decided to stay on the boat at our Napton mooring, and drive to the rally rather than risk taking it to Braunston.

In the past we have attended both days (by bike) and managed to meet up with lots of people that we know, but as we may only attend on one day, we wondered how many people will be going and which day they will there. Of course if you want to avoid us you could lie! :lol:

I will be there, with my wife, who will be 29 weeks pregnant by then, having a good old wander round, and maybe a very cheeky little beer, me that is not vikki!!!!! we were going to go on the Saturday but have to work, but will be around on the Sunday, if you see us do say hello!!!!!

Regards,

Dan

Too much going on that weekend. There's a Foden gathering I'd like to go to, a metalshaping event in Denmark I've been to the last couple of years, my local vintage show is the same weekend.....

and this year a friend has decided to get married that saturday..... so it's dilema time.... :lol:

Too much going on that weekend. There's a Foden gathering I'd like to go to, a metalshaping event in Denmark I've been to the last couple of years, my local vintage show is the same weekend.....

and this year a friend has decided to get married that saturday..... so it's dilema time.... :lol:

I'm going to the Crawley Beer and Folk Festival that weekend! Never been before, I'm growing my beard in preparation.....

It now looks as if I will be suffuiciently well recovered from my recent operation to attend the Braunston Historic Narrowboat Rally at the end of June, but as the Medical people are not really happy that I engage in any potentially strenuous activity yet, we have decided to stay on the boat at our Napton mooring, and drive to the rally rather than risk taking it to Braunston.

In the past we have attended both days (by bike) and managed to meet up with lots of people that we know, but as we may only attend on one day, we wondered how many people will be going and which day they will there. Of course if you want to avoid us you could lie! :lol:

We’ll be there on Owl. Glad you’ve sufficiently recovered to attend. Do drop by for a chat and a beer - and that goes for any other CWDFers.

We’ll be at the Stoke Bruerne Gala weekend next week - hope to see some of you there as well. :lol:

I can't see why BW have closed the visitor moorings at Braunston for sixteen days to accomodate a two day rally. Regards, HughC.

I think this would be mainly because a number of people may be weekending their boat(s) to the rally and will need to moor at Braunston from the weekend before to the weekend after.

Also, I suppose there may be people arriving throughout the week beforehand who need somewhere to tie-up and this would justify the restriction before the rally. Afterwards, I suppose they may still be closed so that people don't get irritated by not finding any space - more of a warning that there is unlikely to be any space than a restriction.

That's a couple of possibilities.

Ben

PS Beatty should be there

I will be there - if I can get the boat ready in time.

Mark

we'll be there, so bring some paint, just in case you repeat last years reversing demon-ster-ation.

Andrew

we'll be there, so bring some paint, just in case you repeat last years reversing demon-ster-ation.

Andrew

:lol: I've left that spot unpainted ready for this year!

Here is the evidence on Dove's stem post!

RIMG0147.jpg

Edited by Speedwheel

I'm heading over to Braunston during the week after Middlewich, so I should see you there.

All planning to attend, although i will be with car rather than with boat as that will be at the chester iwa do in, urrrm, chester...!

Wish i'd got that on video too, saw it all, camera in hand, but failed to hit record!

All planning to attend, although i will be with car rather than with boat as that will be at the chester iwa do in, urrrm, chester...!

Don't forget... come in the Westfield, remember :lol:

Giz a wave and join me for a beer as you pass by Mabel Stark! (Currently moored near the Cheshire Cat in Christleton, but might have pootled a bit by the end of the month)

We’ll be at the Stoke Bruerne Gala weekend next week - hope to see some of you there as well. :lol:

I'll be there with Victoria, and also the Stoke Bruerne do next weekend.

Cheers,

Mike

We visited the Stke Bruerne Gala briefly yesterday, (sadly only by car...)

Cath's write up is here.....

Chalice Blog Link - Stoke Bruerne gala

(Cath would like to say she has nothing against Morris dancers per-se - nor even pirates - she just not see why they are so often linked to canal festivals!).

Some boats to die for there at this event, and a definite pre-taster to Braunston.

Mike, Victoria looks superb in its new paint job.

Sadly we missed the bit where winding the laden Archimedes and Ara apparently blocked all canal movement for around half an hour!

As expressed elsewhere, many thanks to Jim and Sue for hospitality alongside Owl. (And to the person inviting me to their boat, assuming me to be someone else!).

Edited by alan_fincher