Who is the painter?

Speedwheel

Featured Posts

I cannot offer any suggestions on most of them (Dave Moore will proably know) but the footstool is definitely by Ron Hough, it is almost identical to one he did for me some years ago. And the Dipper in the first photo could also be an early piece by him, if not it is definitely a Braunston (Nurser) influenced one.

• 1 year later...

Does anybody recognise either who the painter here could br, or particularly the manufacturer of the can.

I though I had a lose up of the arrangements for hinging the hanle, which look unusual to me, but it seems I do not, though they can just be seen.

I doubt this is anything special, (unless someone wants to suggest otherwise), but equally I think it was probably painted some considerabe time ago.

As you can see he condition is not great, (particularly the top!)

20180709_122534_HDR.jpg

20180709_122501_HDR.jpg

20180709_122512_HDR.jpg

20180709_122522_HDR.jpg

20 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

Interestingly I have a Can from the same manufacturer and painted by the same person, although mine is smaller and has a wire handle with a wooden roller - and is in considerably better condition :captain:

And are you able/going to say who that painter and/or can manufacturer is/are?

EDIT:

And my apologies that I have gone past the point where I can edit my last post to insert introduce all the letters missing from words in it!

Edited by alan_fincher

22 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

And are you able/going to say who that painter and/or can manufacturer is/are?

EDIT:

And my apologies that I have gone past the point where I can edit my last post to insert introduce all the letters missing from words in it!

Nope, because I have not got a clue as to either :captain:

On 09/07/2018 at 20:30, alan_fincher said:

Does anybody recognise either who the painter here could be, or particularly the manufacturer of the can.

I though I had a close up of the arrangements for hinging the handle, which look unusual to me, but it seems I do not, though they can just about be seen.

I doubt this is anything special, (unless someone wants to suggest otherwise), but equally I think it was probably painted some considerabe time ago.

As you can see he condition is not great, (particularly the top!)

20180709_122534_HDR.jpg

20180709_122501_HDR.jpg

20180709_122512_HDR.jpg

20180709_122522_HDR.jpg

Biump! 

Any ideas. anybody, please?

1 hour ago, max's son said:

Did you buy it, you hid the price

No, I don't own it, and am I think unlikely to.

To my untrained eye, the can is a bit of an unusual one.

I don't particularly have an opinion about the painting, which to my eye is neither "the best" or "the worst" around, but wondered if any of the experts might have.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea what Pluto's advert is attempting to depict, it makes no sense at all. Looks like marquetry on a drawer or door of sorts.

One Victorian glass painting. Measures about 30" x 20":

No idea who painted it. Probably commercial in output. A bit clumsy in places.

PICT0146 (Medium).JPG

Edited by Derek R.
Added text

I have no idea what Pluto's advert is attempting to depict, it makes no sense at all. Looks like marquetry on a drawer or door of sorts.

Look at the castle at the top back of the picture.

Those trees look very Bob Ross.

See the source image
Edited by Ray T

I see the castles. Perhaps they belong to 'Stag/man', who appears to be wanting to cleanse him/its self of a smell that attract the dogs (upper left), and which the maidens(?) are throwing at him. Awful lot of work for a strange representation. As an advert, did it work I wonder?

3 hours ago, Derek R. said:

I see the castles. Perhaps they belong to 'Stag/man', who appears to be wanting to cleanse him/its self of a smell that attract the dogs (upper left), and which the maidens(?) are throwing at him. Awful lot of work for a strange representation. As an advert, did it work I wonder?

Well, it got you interested, even if you hadn't seen the full advert for the museum's exhibition. http://kunstsammlungen-museen.augsburg.de/wasserkunstaugsburg and scroll down.

The town appears to be depicted in the marquetry(?) image in castle form, along with Hercules(?) being showered by the three graces, maybe. Some fine sculpture shown, and a history of the town developing from the power of water. Still an odd image though, but as Mike says it piqued an interest. It's good to learn.

• 1 month later...