motorbike to narrow boat

gregg62

Featured Posts

I've seen motorbikes on long fronty decks and on a bike carrier on the back. I've even seen a boat with a hydraulic engine lift on the front to lift a heavy bike on and off. My dad used to store a moped in his engine room, loading it through the side doors onto a board over the engine..

plz , has any seen a motorbike on a narrow boat ???? if yes plz tell me how this was done ???? and if there are any pictures this would be fantastic, plz help thanks :lol:

Take a look here for one way click

plz , has any seen a motorbike on a narrow boat ???? if yes plz tell me how this was done ???? and if there are any pictures this would be fantastic, plz help thanks :lol:

Hi

Bike deck.

Worked OK as long as you were careful in locks

Alex

DSCF0489-1.jpg

I think there's been a picture of this on the forum before. However, here it is again. A highly ingenious, stowable motorbike crane which is mounted on the front deck.

IMG_9687.jpg

Saw two last week - both on long front 'tug style' decks. What I couldn't see however was what was the means of getting them on to the tow path.....

and I think I'm correct in saying you will need to remember strictly you should push rather than ride your motorcycle on the tow path, so you do need to moor near the public highway with easy access from the path to the road.

Think I'm correct on this..... :lol:

I think there's been a picture of this on the forum before. However, here it is again. A highly ingenious, stowable motorbike crane which is mounted on the front deck. :lol: thanks for that picture ,, it was a big help, have good day greg

and I think I'm correct in saying you will need to remember strictly you should push rather than ride your motorcycle on the tow path, so you do need to moor near the public highway with easy access from the path to the road.

your right, and I strongly object to trail and scramble bikes ridden recklessly on towpaths. But I don't think most people would mind a bike being carefully ridden from boat to road.

Saw two last week - both on long front 'tug style' decks. What I couldn't see however was what was the means of getting them on to the tow path.....

Think I'm correct on this..... :lol: yes, you correct, but all wanted to know was how to get a motorbike on a narrow boat ,,, i think i can work out how to get it from the towpath to road ,,i am 47,

Oh it's worse...

Motorcycle News

Edited by JohnO

I like the 'perpetrator's' summation of the situation: "Morris branded Salmon a "complete moron". "

:lol:

Well, he's not wrong, is he? When the police have reduced crime to zero, then let them worry about non-issues like this. Until then, there are much better things they could be doing with their time.

• 5 years later...

But I don't think most people would mind a bike being carefully ridden from boat to road.

Oh I'm not so sure ........

What you think is about as relevant as what I might think.

By Laws are about as flexible as those who live their lives by them...... sadly.