Interesting BW mooring for tender

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Just browsing through the moorings for tender and found

this one

Which at first glance looked a nice little mooring until i noticed it was a residential mooring. But who lives on a 26ftx8.5ft boat?

Not bad value privewise but is the length not a little restrictive?

Just browsing through the moorings for tender and found

this one

Which at first glance looked a nice little mooring until i noticed it was a residential mooring. But who lives on a 26ftx8.5ft boat?

Not bad value privewise but is the length not a little restrictive?

It does seem good vaule, prehaps I should sell the narrowboat and buy a margarine tub and live on it there.

I suspect that the residential part covers the entire stretch so is incidental to this mooring.

Tim

It isn't the first time this has been advertised so perhaps no-one does live on a 26x8.5 foot boat.

Incidentally, how would one go about getting an 8.5 foot beam boat to Sneyd Wharf without a crane and low-loader?

There used to be 'Ampton boats that didn't go through locks and were around eight and a half feet wide, they'd have passed Sneyd, I don't thing any survive and they were a tad longer than 26 feet! (Like, ninety feet)

Ampton Boats

Quite agree though that this does seem to be a rather useless mooring, presumably the 8.5 feet isn't compulsory!

There used to be a girl lived on a 25 foot Dawncraft up Lytham Creek once, and having had one, for a single person there'd be plenty of room.

A single guy used to live on a 20 footer all through the winter where I used to live and he had no solid fuel heat either!!

You have to remember that GRP cruisers are designed like caravans with every inch used for practical purposes, storage under seats, small size cookers etc, we always had loads of empty lockers in the Dawncraft even when away for a few weeks with all the clothes etc.#

I personally have lived in a caravan on two seperate occasions both of which had much less room that a 26 foot cruiser.

All the Narrow Boats I've been on with perhaps a couple of exceptions seem to waste so much space that could be utilised usefully. Look at how large families used to live in Boatmans' Cabins only 10/12 foot long. Now people have loose furniture, walls without lockers, all wasted space.

I know a guy who used to live on a 57 foot sorking boat with a cabin only half the length of the boat, the front being clothed, and it had a trad type engine in the middle taking up about 10 foot of space and he rarely used the Boatmans' Cabin. He probably only had about 26 foot of living space.

I appreciate most people have much bigger boats, but at that price you could have it for leisure use, fully serviced.

I do agree with the other poster, though, it is probably the full length that is designated residential.

Fully agree with the wasted space on Nb''s. Our cruiser has so much living space when compared with a narrowboat of similar length but again isnt big enough to live on full time. Im sure people do but we couldnt.

Fully agree with the wasted space on Nb''s. Our cruiser has so much living space when compared with a narrowboat of similar length but again isnt big enough to live on full time. Im sure people do but we couldnt.

When I was thinking of living on board I contemplated having a butty to carry my books!

Hi Phylis.

My wife has always said that caravan/motorhome/motorcriuser manufactures should build a narrow boat. What they could fit in would be immense.

You would half the size of the boat and still have all you needed.

I dont think it would sell, most narrowboaters are traditionalists who want solid oak everything .............and pot sinks! ... even an Aga!

They seem to want a cottage............. on water.

Fitting flack jacket as we speak.

Alex

I did - for 5 years - 24ft actually.

My neighbour has a 22ft Freeman with no gas or electricity on board!

Some of these modern boaters don't know what frugality is!

m@