What must every boat have?

Mick and Maggie

Featured Posts

Three pages of pointless rubbish mostly when I thought after reading the OP that there might be some decent tips in there

A skipper with a sense of humour...

I asked my wife and she suggested a cooker. I cannot argue with her choice!!

(adds Vacuum Cleaner to her Christmas Present list.).

(Only joking before all you ladies out there jump down my throat!!!!)

SWMBO says that a boat must NOT have such things.

...and quite correctly. They're fine for liveaboards, but for many of us one of the pleasures of going boating is getting away from the computer and the idiot-box.

If you don't have a name, how can you comply with the requirement to display it.

BW are probably the best folk to ask that question as they must have the greatest number of boats on the water that do not display name, number or licence.

If you don't have a name, how can you comply with the requirement to display it.

You can't, Dave, if there is such a requirement - but here in the Middle Levels there is not. I asked a chap down the road who lives on board his new boat why he hadn't given it a name; his reply was that when he'd lived in a house it had no name, so he couldn't see why his boat should have one.

But surely if you give the boat no name, then displaying a blank board is complying with the requirement to display the name you've given it, i.e. nothing at all.

Mind you, if it is a registered ship you cannot have more than one vessel with any name, so each successive one would have to be " ......... No.2" and " ......... No.3", and so on.

edited for further frivolity

Edited by Tam & Di

It would make this thread thread an easier read if you could give some consideration to all your worthwhile suggestions and then put them in a single post.

Hot drinks [of any variety] *are* necessary; there's nothing worse than being stuck down a weedhatch trying to clear the prop without the clear, solid prospect of a hot drink at the end of it.

Hot drinks [of any variety] *are* necessary; there's nothing worse than being stuck down a weedhatch trying to clear the prop without the clear, solid prospect of a hot drink at the end of it.

Definately and a flask. Making tea/coffee/soup on tidal waters isnt much fun

Hmm, cup of hot OXO, with plenty of ground black pepper!

Nah, It has to be a Thermos flask.

(Cheap ones are a false economy as they leak then get thrown away)

I've got a Thermos flask and I hate it. A Jetboil is not a flask:

Clicky

You can't make a cup of tea with old water that is only hot, not boiling.