Isuzu hour counter

NBDensie

Featured Posts

I have what seems to be a common problem with Isuzus. The electronic hour counter only displays when the weather is exceptionally warm and dry - about 5 days last year. At all other times the back light is on but there are no visible numbers. The problem has steadily got worse over time.

A boat yard has offered to replace it with a mechanical display, but it wont readily fit on the control panel - its not plug-compatible.

Does anyone have a solution? I could simply get the display replaced with a new one but I dont know whether this would provide a long term fix. Does the problem still occur with new engines/displays?

I have tried getting info from HMI (the UK agents) but without success.

Thnx.

Mike

My Vetus panel has the same problem - varies from nothing to full display but more often than not just shows a few segments.

There was a thread here recently about quite cheap electronic hour counters which could be installed anywhere.

My search for 'hour counter' brought up over 1000 items!

I have what seems to be a common problem with Isuzus. The electronic hour counter only displays when the weather is exceptionally warm and dry - about 5 days last year. At all other times the back light is on but there are no visible numbers. The problem has steadily got worse over time.

A boat yard has offered to replace it with a mechanical display, but it wont readily fit on the control panel - its not plug-compatible.

Does anyone have a solution? I could simply get the display replaced with a new one but I dont know whether this would provide a long term fix. Does the problem still occur with new engines/displays?

Thnx.

Mike

I only have 500 hours on mine, but no problems so far. How many hours had yours (before it became illegilble, of course) :lol:

Jim

I only have 500 hours on mine, but no problems so far. How many hours had yours (before it became illegilble, of course) :lol:

Jim

Mine lasted about 500 hours and then packed up, apart from an occasional appearance on a warm day (just once last year!). I'd love to hear if there's an easy solution.

Ben

Jim

Sorry dont remember. It must have been affected by cold weather within 500 hours and spent most of its time in non-display mode within 1000.

I to have the same problem, also the rev counter sometimes goes haywire. If it was a Toyota they would all be recalled, whats the difference?

John b. :lol::lol::lol:

Havent had any rev counter problems - its 1500 hours since new.

Thnx.

Mike

:lol: I am afraid they are all like this even the latest one sare crap. We have about thirty boats in the hire fleet fitted with them and nearly all have failed.

Its quite simple to remotely fit a counter say somewhere near your breaker panel or elsewhere in the boat, no big deal but a bit of a pisser cos Isuzu must know they are crap if we all do..........