First Trip this weekend

owenk

Featured Posts

Our first trip on the newly acquired NB this weekend from Whilton to the Claydon/Banbury neck of the woods, so keep an eye open for us hopefully not wedged sideways across the cut! :lol:

This is perhaps a little ambitious, as the Claydon Flight of locks are (is?) currently closed for repairs. My man on the ground reckons they may be open again by mid-December.

This is perhaps a little ambitious, as the Claydon Flight of locks are (is?) currently closed for repairs. My man on the ground reckons they may be open again by mid-December.

Thanks for the advice - we are sorted there - we have got a temporary spot north of the Claydon flight and will be dropping down to the Banbury side as soon as they reopen.

FYI Athy if it's Claydon Flight it would be 'is' because flight is singular but as you used locks,which is plural, you were correct in usin 'are' :-)

Tullz

givin supper a prod

Keeping Up is correct.

The Claydon flight of locks IS closed.

The Claydon locks ARE closed.

I realised my error which is why I typed the "is" in brackets, being too damned idle to go back and delete "are". "Flight" is a collective noun and thus singular.

In either case, the boogers ain't open.

Edited by Athy

In either case, the boogers ain't open.

No, surely in one case "the boogers ain't open" and in the other "the booger ain't open". :lol:

Although I'm now worried if the use of "ain't" is OK in both the singular and plural case!........

No, surely in one case "the boogers ain't open" and in the other "the booger ain't open". :lol:

Although I'm now worried if the use of "ain't" is OK in both the singular and plural case!........

Should then it be the "flight of lock is not open" ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick

Getting back on topic. :lol:

Pipsqueak was seen today (twice) they came past us this morning at Whilton, whilst we had an engineer onboard (the Victron now works after new PCB fitted).

They pulled out in front of us just before Braunston Tunnel, talk about bumper cars all the way through the tunnel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, only joking Owen :lol:

We passed them as they moored for the night above the locks and we went on down.

Will keep an eye out for you tomorrow, as we are here for the weekend.

The bread maker will be on overtime now then!

Going back :lol:

The only real difference is I will not have to walk the length of the boat to push the start button. :lol:

He did set all the parameters as we wanted though, the Victron is not just a changeover switch, charger, inverter it is a very clever bit of kit.

Getting back on topic. :lol:

Pipsqueak was seen today (twice) they came past us this morning at Whilton, whilst we had an engineer onboard (the Victron now works after new PCB fitted).

They pulled out in front of us just before Braunston Tunnel, talk about bumper cars all the way through the tunnel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, only joking Owen :lol:

We passed them as they moored for the night above the locks and we went on down.

Will keep an eye out for you tomorrow, as we are here for the weekend.

I was working today :lol: twill be better tomorrow (well at least before I have a beer) :lol: