First time owner - Inverter question

Featured Posts

The 'Power Assist setting is on the control panel BTW...

23.jpg

50.jpg

And if you wish to leave the inverter on, and use a heater / immersion heater as well (or more not accidentally leave the immersion on when on the move!), but not flatten your batteries if the shore power goes, it's possible, check out this link http://www.smartgauge.co.uk/nb_ac_sys.html

The OP may not have this switch fitted, it is, or was? an optional extra, in this case shore amps is set with dip switches inside inverter casing.

The invertor worked OK, but when set to 'on' we had 2 flashing yellow lights under the charging section - bulk and absorbtion together .... any idea what this is telling me? This was with the engine not running and not connected to an electrical hook-up.

Anyone?

The Victron inverter will only work as a charger if there is a 240v supply - either from a landine or possibly a generator. The first thing I would do if the unit is telling you it's charging when you have no 240v supply is get someone to check the wiring installation. If the boat is less than 6 years old then the builder may be obliged to put that right - if it is a faulty installation.

I nominate this thread for the FAQ forum.

Your wish is....

How do you inform the mods of a post that you think should be pinned?
Either via PM to a moderator directly, or you can use the 'report post button'.

- If we spot oa likely candidate or a post mention it could be used we will act on that, but its always best to direct draw attention to it as we cant read every post.

• 8 months later...

The Inverter on my boat is a very basic mobitronic 1800-Rc I dont have any instructions for it. Iv,e searched the internet but cant find any. There are no lights of any kind just a single switch and a reset button the switch is marked 1- 0- 2 can anyone tell me what each setting is for

Thanks

The Inverter on my boat is a very basic mobitronic 1800-Rc I dont have any instructions for it. Iv,e searched the internet but cant find any. There are no lights of any kind just a single switch and a reset button the switch is marked 1- 0- 2 can anyone tell me what each setting is for

Thanks

Suggest you contact Dometic who now own this brand. Dometic home page

• 2 weeks later...

No reply yet :help:

Ok so ive just found a note scribbled in the back of a old canal book that was hidden away note reads 1 240volts Shore line (charges batteries) 0 12volts only 2 240 volts engine running Charges batteries, would this be right ???

• 1 year later...

I have a Powermaster PM3000L 3kw Pure Sine Wave Inverter and a powermaster Battery Charger. I turned on the inverter and it made a clicking noise and started to bleep...the bleeping stopped after a few seconds and just the clicking continues.

the inverter is working as I tested it by boiling a kettle....it's just that the clicking drives me mad.

Has anyone got any ideas what it is, or should I get it taken out and bench tested? does anyone know of a firm that bench test/repairs inverters in the london area.

thank

terry

PS

I have been down to the boat and had a look-see,this is what happens

I turn on the inverter, it buzzes then bleeps, a couple of seconds later the beeps stop, the green power light is on, then the overload light comes on..

help :wub:

Edited by terryvanman

I have a Powermaster PM3000L...

Hi Terry,

Sounds FUBAR I'm afraid. At a guess, the clicking could have been arcing, or an overload relay switching in and out. Whatever, I suggest you contact Powermaster using their enquiry form.

They should be able to suggest the way forward, and your nearest agent.

Good luck,

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thats just took a couple of grand from the sale of marmaduke, i,m sure I read its had a new engine as well, no wonder why its for sale. :lol:

The inverter will be repaired or replaced before Marmaduke is sold, and your right, the engine was replaced under warranty after just 600 hours. so the replacement engine has covered just under 600 hours. Take a look at this thread and you will see why I am reluctantly selling Marmaduke. Like you I wanted to spend a few years living on a boat, but life has a nasty way of creeping up from behind...in my case,,from a motorbike accident. good luck with your search for a nice boat...it only took me 2 years to find Marmaduke....piece-of-piss

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41771&view=findpost&p=759771&hl=%2Bmarmaduke+%2Bfor+%2Bsale&fromsearch=1

Has anyone had or used one of these, if so are they any good, please.

http://www.sunshinesolar.co.uk/khxc/gbu0-prodshow/VP3000.html?gclid=CMep95XWyKwCFUQe4QoduHhnrg

thanks

A bit late in responding, but yes we have got one of these inverters, had it for about six months.

It works fine and the fan is a lot quieter than the old Sterling inverter that it replaced.

The only negative about it, that there is no remote control or current / voltage indication that the Sterling had, but then again the Sterling Quasi wouldn't run madam's new washing machine.

Steve

Looks like we are in the same boat, excuse the pun. I to had a motorcycle accident in 1979 at 17 hit a car head on he was overtaking a stationary car. The bike, a kork ballington replica HEH 670V in kawasaki green. Had my left leg in pins for two weeks then they decided to take it off below the knee. I still ride bikes last one was a Honda CB750 K2 1973 mint. And i,m proud to say I have never claimed disability or had any badges and worked all my life. I consider myself lucky theres always someone worse off. :D

• 3 years later...