Chesterfield Canal Festival - Worksop

Featured Posts

Email from Rod Auton - on behalf of the Chesterfield Canal Trust and the Chesterfield Canal Partnership

"Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to invite you to come to our Festival next summer.

It is being held as part of Bassetlaw Arts Fortnight. This means that there will be a big marquee with exhibitions and performances going on continuously as well as the usual stalls, rides, boat trips etc. It also means that Bassetlaw will do lots of publicity including delivering a leaflet to 50,000 homes about Arts Fortnight including our Festival. We will of course be doing our own publicity as well.

We are hoping to have some boat builders there which will bring a whole new complexion to the event.

We are holding it at Worksop Rugby Club which has huge fields bordering the canal at Morse Lock. It is 200 metres from the A57. Car parking will be on site. It is a ten minute walk along the towpath from the town centre.

About 9,000 people attended this year's Festival which was on a small site in a remote village. This year we expect at least 10,000 to come, lots more if the weather is good.

Outside pitches at a standard size of 3m x 3m are available at £45. We have a limited number of inside pitches at 3m x 2m for £55. Electricity is available inside for £10. We can of course accommodate other requirements but will work them out individually with you.

If you would like to come or just want further information, please email me back and I will forward our entry form, terms and conditions etc.

Thank you. I hope that we will see you in July."