HELP BOAT SINKING!!!!!

boatbot

Featured Posts

Thank you for the nice words but I doubt anyone who has posted here, if they lived 10 minutes away, would not have made the trip.

Probably, but fortunately for the owner, you were close by and not only do you have the equipment but you also have skills and experience to use it. Well Done I say!

Thank you for the nice words but I doubt anyone who has posted here, if they lived 10 minutes away, would not have made the trip.

You're right there - if we'd been anywhere near we would have made our way to the boat and done whatever we could to help it - unfortunately we'd have probably ended up ineffectual bystanders due to lack of equipment and experience (apart from baling out with Dave's already ruined hat maybe :lol: ).

Boatbot was very lucky that you were the man nearby - allow us to pat you on the back for immediately rising to the challenge

I think amber nectar would be refused - I seem to remember that you're a non drinker?

The boat does have water in the engine hole but it is well below the bearers so I wouldn't worry about it, or a good while.

It's got a bit of a list, too but again, nothing major.

I didn't want to pump it out, especially in the dark, because the water is very oily so it will need to be pumped into containers.

I'll keep an eye on it and, if it does get worse, I'll take some butts down and empty it.

Photos are pretty rubbish but it was dark.

Oh and well done to the lady, moored behind the boat, for having the courage to challenge me.

DSCF3119.jpg

DSCF3122.jpg

DSCF3123.jpg

DSCF3124.jpg

Hi everyone-I am just so grateful for your help Carl-no words will be able to be written to express my gratitude and pride that is not only to be British but the the wonderful community is the canal-this has spurred me on to come home-I will be back and I will get this boat operational-I am sorry about the panic but I got an email saying "the boat is sinking" from one of my sources (including BW) I didn't know what to do-the horror ran through my mind-yes it does have oil in the engine sump area-its always had that-I dont have a bilge-please say thank you to the lady behind-is it the Kirsten? I thought it was OK as John has been looking after it-the listing to the bank is better than away from the bank! I mean its not good at all but thanks if u can just remove the water-Its not easy when your away from Home-I didn't realize it would be this bad-I am an artist and a "10 pound pom" -A sorry story that needs to be told-which I will do...

Again wonderful -instead of superman I think it should be 5,4,3,2,1.....

FAB.............!!!!

PS it should be spitting Matilda by the way

A true gent.

Another Fitkin awaitng collection/

Cheers

John

Definately!

For the people in Rugby does anyone remember "The Saxon"-? That s why I was sooo worried as that boat sank or nearly did-What about Vincent-anyone know him? The Saxon was a complete write off -the water came in via the stern tube-as Vincent didn't know-

Also I knew John, a Welsh guy with the boat called "The Wizard"-At Leighton Buzzard it was a new Aqualine and one of the wealds/seals went and he was actually sinking with water ruining the carpet-we had to rush to open the locks to get him to the boatyard-So all these things were in my mind!!!

You're right there - if we'd been anywhere near we would have made our way to the boat and done whatever we could to help it - unfortunately we'd have probably ended up ineffectual bystanders due to lack of equipment and experience (apart from baling out with Dave's already ruined hat maybe :lol: ).

Boatbot was very lucky that you were the man nearby - allow us to pat you on the back for immediately rising to the challenge

I think amber nectar would be refused - I seem to remember that you're a non drinker?

Thank you very much-Are u in Yorkshire?

Well done Carl :lol: ........ Maybe the Forum should start a hero of the month or year club.

When our boat sank this summer many offered help and some actually did assist us. None would accept any compensation, not even a beer, despite giving us items and/or supplies that cost them money. One old couple even left us $50. They got away without us knowing it. Boaters are a special breed.

Well done Carl :lol: ........ Maybe the Forum should start a hero of the month or year club.

When our boat sank this summer many offered help and some actually did assist us. None would accept any compensation, not even a beer, despite giving us items and/or supplies that cost them money. One old couple even left us $50. They got away without us knowing it. Boaters are a special breed.

Yes I agree-I will never be able to leave the canal-its a very special place-very lucky indeed-i agree there should be recognition for service-British Waterways could commendate? I feel British Waterways needs to improve its image-I feel its not right at the moment and needs to be more community concerned by instead of threatening with enforcement notices etc it should be an active representative of the community after all if ALL of us got together and formed a boater's union we could -I liked to call it THE BOATERS ALLIANCE then we could form a political community that would have the BOATER"S interests not the Government's interest-If everyone left the canal then BW would be in BIG trouble! WE provide alot of the revenue-I also feel that companies such as Tesco could be an alternative but we have to be VERY careful there as privatization could incur a more efficient system but incur more expense-I think there needs a new direction?

Sorry to hear about the sinking what happened?

Great thread - very heartwarming!

Glad the boat has come to no harm.

Good for you Carl.

Boatbot - sorry that you are away from home and also unwell. Get better soon and get back on the cut.

Australia is all very well (I lived there for 10 years), but there's no place like home!

Jo.

Great thread - very heartwarming!

Glad the boat has come to no harm.

Good for you Carl.

Boatbot - sorry that you are away from home and also unwell. Get better soon and get back on the cut.

Australia is all very well (I lived there for 10 years), but there's no place like home!

Jo.

Thanks Jo-Yes u are right-everyone is saying that-I thought that ever since a boy-funny isn't it-I will have to find employment maybe teaching if I can then I can get a bigger boat! Maybe one of those shinny ones?

There are already suggestions that Carl should be on the spare plinth at Trafalgar square !!

After a lot of years on the cut it is good to know that the old spirit is still alive and kicking of helping each other

nice one Carl

Chris

There are already suggestions that Carl should be on the spare plinth at Trafalgar square !!

After a lot of years on the cut it is good to know that the old spirit is still alive and kicking of helping each other

nice one Carl

Chris

My word I have come to this late on but nice one Carl indeed! :lol::lol::lol: