Music Production and Power Consumption

kendo

Featured Posts

thanks for the reply, Steve. I would be looking to upgrade domestic power to maybe 6x, but

we're assuming most boats will have 4x to start with. I read (somewhere on here, i think)

that boaters can replace their 240v PSU lump for a 12v one? Any experience with that?

nod. i appreciate that.

precisely. thanks for the reply, chris. our laptop is pants, compared to the DAW PC.

i'll sit with the keyboard on my knees if i have to. touch typing, photo editing, games,

music, etc... we would like a desktop for entertainment. appreciate that space is going

to be at a premium. but as music is my "job", a full size is fundemental.

master keyboard is a korg nanoKey (USB driven).

hi graham. thanks for the link. juicy PCs! i suspect many

of them will be out of my price range. already have a good

DAW, but will definitely research more down this avenue.

thankyou.

Dare I say it?

Buy a workstation for production like a korg Kronos and transfer over audio when needed?

A workstation will run a lot less than the PC desktop ect.

I suppose it all depends on what your working on but I doubt you need to be using a full DAW rig just for writing with until you get to the mixing stage.

I use laptop with a full size USB controller drawing about 60 watts the mrs on the TV which is 30 watts a couple of led light bulbs 8 watts total.

We have been on the boat for just 3 weeks with not to dis similar needs to your own so this thread is of great interest.

Ahh I've just realised its an old thread!

Dare I say it?

Buy a workstation for production like a korg Kronos and transfer over audio when needed?

A workstation will run a lot less than the PC desktop ect.

I suppose it all depends on what your working on but I doubt you need to be using a full DAW rig just for writing with until you get to the mixing stage.

I use laptop with a full size USB controller drawing about 60 watts the mrs on the TV which is 30 watts a couple of led light bulbs 8 watts total.

We have been on the boat for just 3 weeks with not to dis similar needs to your own so this thread is of great interest.

Ahh I've just realised its an old thread!

Still relevant.