Baldock gets a makeover

Featured Posts

Looks brill been try to down load the pic's got on the Chesterfield now and have got three bars.she looks fab.Not going to show the better half all she will be makeing plans.

Room on the front for sand ladders and warn winch :lol:

Looks brill been try to down load the pic's got on the Chesterfield now and have got three bars.she looks fab.Not going to show the better half all she will be makeing plans.

Room on the front for sand ladders and warn winch :lol:

Always wanted to do a Narrowboat pull using the kinetic strap !!!

Looks great.

A question:- I'm doing our roof in a couple of weeks - where did you get the sanding discs and the 'large' wire wheel from?

There's some absolute cr*p for sale abrasives wise and you seemed to have sourced some decent gear.

Don't want to get set up for the weekend and find I run out of discs half way through.

Thanks

Mike

abrasivesforindustry.co.uk do all the various types of stripping disc at good prices

abrasivesforindustry.co.uk do all the various types of stripping disc at good prices

Chris

They carry a good range of abrasives and you're right the prices are keen.

I'd be happier using a proper abrasives company like these.

Thanks for that.

Mike

Unfortunantly not Simon, when R.W. purchased her in 1989/90 from Foxton Boat Services he had the original engine room and back cabin cut and the new conversion put on

Although most of the back cabin furniture and engine room stuff remained including the soft patch the cabins were lost :lol:

After much extensive research work by Lise ( and a few calls by me to friends) we found that although Baldock had been on the WW-CTS contract she had PROBABLY never been painted in WW-CTS colours.

For the historians and purists out there who have said and will comment " In that case you should not have painted her in this colour scheme" we do have a very good answer.

Lise and I own the company, so we have repainted her in OUR company colours :lol:

if you go down that road the she would have to be repainted orange and grey and the FBS livery reapplied as Richard and I discussed many years ago Baldock, Coleshill and Virginis probably all carried the FBS livery for more years than any other paint scheme.

if you go down that road the she would have to be repainted orange and grey and the FBS livery reapplied as Richard and I discussed many years ago Baldock, Coleshill and Virginis probably all carried the FBS livery for more years than any other paint scheme.

Yes I agree and Lise n I really like the FBS colour scheme ...BUT>>> Can you image the following scenario :

fbs. Ring Ring of Telephone .......Hello Foxton Boat services

C. One of your bloody hirers has just forced me on the bank in my new Steve Hudson shiny boat and went off laughing

fbs. What was the name of the boat ?

C. Baldock.......

fbs. CHRIS !

Edited by Baldock

Yes I agree and Lise n I really like the FBS colour scheme ...BUT>>> Can you image the following scenario :

fbs. Ring Ring of Telephone .......Hello Foxton Boat services

C. One of your bloody hirers has just forced me on the bank in my new Steve Hudson shiny boat and went off laughing

fbs. What was the name of the boat ?

C. Baldock.......

fbs. CHRIS !

i can just imagine Tony or Sam's response! although i'm sure Hannah or Mary would be a little more controlled :lol::lol: