Ten Bob Note

Tescogran

Featured Posts

I'm wondering if Ernie on Ten Bob Note is ok! I follow his travels on his web page but it seems to have been removed. Perhaps he's just got fed up with writing it all. If you see this Ernie, I hope all is well and your excellent photos will be missed.

I'm wondering if Ernie on Ten Bob Note is ok! I follow his travels on his web page but it seems to have been removed. Perhaps he's just got fed up with writing it all. If you see this Ernie, I hope all is well and your excellent photos will be missed.

I hope he is ok and keeps up his webpage i have spent many hours reading it

Mick

It has all the hallmarks of an IT disaster rather than a real-life one. The domain registration is still there and valid and the webserver is still talking, but there's no page data. I suspect that the poor harassed sysadmins at Ernie's ISP are running around with backup tapes as we speak.

MP.

It has all the hallmarks of an IT disaster rather than a real-life one. The domain registration is still there and valid and the webserver is still talking, but there's no page data. I suspect that the poor harassed sysadmins at Ernie's ISP are running around with backup tapes as we speak.

MP.

Just tried mailing Ernie as Chris told me yesterday she could not get his site page up.

E mail returned undeliverable :lol:

Ernie if you are reading this we all miss your updates, hope all's well.

Saw the boat Fri eve tied below Cowley lock GU

Definitely somebody on board but as I hadn't seen this thread I did not stop

Chris

That's great news! If it is an IT crash, Ernie won't have seen this thread. Perhaps someone else passing will tell him how much he's missed.

I too really enjoy reading his blog and especially the photos.

I thought that it was my slow broadband connection that was stopping me reading it, hope it's back soon.

I like seeing where the visitors to it are from, it is read from Australia to USA and Africa.

Guest steve jenkin

saw ernie at just below cowley lock saturday afternoon, he was aboard, also was moored by him in little venice for ten days, he seemed ok, am going to cowley later, will give him a knock

saw ernie at just below cowley lock saturday afternoon, he was aboard, also was moored by him in little venice for ten days, he seemed ok, am going to cowley later, will give him a knock

Thanks Steve, perhaps if he knows his blog is missed he'll start up again.

Thanks Steve, perhaps if he knows his blog is missed he'll start up again.

I know when Ernie posted in his diary that he was stopping, I was one of the people who emailed him to let him know that I was disappointed at this announcement - and I don't think I was alone in that.

Hopefully, all is well with Ernie and it won't be long before we see him back on-line

I know when Ernie posted in his diary that he was stopping, I was one of the people who emailed him to let him know that I was disappointed at this announcement - and I don't think I was alone in that.

Hopefully, all is well with Ernie and it won't be long before we see him back on-line

Agreed it would be a shame if Ernie stopped as we've read it daily & it helps us when not on the boat!!

It must take some upkeep but hope it continues.

Ernie's website has been a great success and its popularity probably exceeded his expectations. It isn't always easy to live your life under the public gaze and I suspect that Ernie, who always comes across to me as a rather private person, may just need to step out of the limelight for a bit. I am sure he will be back on the forum when he is ready . . .

Hope so, we love reading Ernie's adventures.

He mentioned geocaching in one of his posts and we've been hooked on geocaching ever since. Mine of useful information is Ernie. His piccies are pretty stunning too.

Can't say that I'd blame him for having a bit of "me" time, if thats whats occuring.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Ernie & Archie.

Miss you both guys.

A xx

Not sure who he is but, a boat named ten bob note is moored above Uxbridge lock at the moment, its a light blue colour with a picture of said note on the side

Not sure who he is but, a boat named ten bob note is moored above Uxbridge lock at the moment, its a light blue colour with a picture of said note on the side

That's the one. If you're passing again, maybe you could ask him what's happened to the website.

I think we may all be disappointed from nb Lazydays blog. Posted today (Sunday)

We bumped into Ernie from Ten bob note and I chatted to him for a while, Frances was steering the boat and I was walking the tow path so she missed him. Anyway Ernie has given up his blog as it was taken too much of his time.

Aren't we all disappointed by most peoples' blogs? The vast majority are self indulgent, boring and tedious. Even the best ones to do with canal boating, such as Granny Buttons, are pretty much internet wall paper with a few interesting interludes. Blogs are for the self obsessed "me" generation.

Aren't we all disappointed by most peoples' blogs? The vast majority are self indulgent, boring and tedious. Even the best ones to do with canal boating, such as Granny Buttons, are pretty much internet wall paper with a few interesting interludes. Blogs are for the self obsessed "me" generation.

I would agree in some cases and depends on the reason someone does a blog. In the case of Ernie I allways enjoyed his blog and the pictures. I found it a good reference point when planning my cruising.

When my son went round the world on his Gap Year he did a blog so his friends could track him but more importantly for myself and his Mother we were able to ensure ourselves all was ok!!!

Well, what an unexpected reaction. Many thanks to all of you for your kind comments re my web site.

Why did I take it down?? Well, probably the main reason was the amount of time it required to update and maintain it. My only form of internet access is my mobile phone and on occasions, the link can be worse than useless.

Also, I did feel that I was ‘under scrutiny’ in everything I did, I started to feel a bit ‘uncomfortable’ with it all in recent months.

I never ever expected the blog to become as popular is it became. As Cotswoldman thought, started it initially so that friends and family could keep up with my adventures and whereabouts.