Safe Mooring for our car

Mrs Panda

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,

Wondered if anyone out there could help. We will be handing our boat over to my Parents in law, and we need a safe place to put our car for a week. We should be somewhere around Hillmorton Middle Locks. Any one know a friendly pub, or marina. Not worried about paying a little, more worried about safety. The week we are looking for is the week starting the 23rd May.

If anyone sees Ellesmere, please give us a wave and say hello. we're easy to spot - 2 Adults and 2 big dogs on a 37ft boat. :lol:

Many thanks

Mrs Panda

I don't know about the locks area (there are others here who do) but half a mile southwards down the canal there's the Royal Oak pub, I've left a car there for a weekend a couple of times. 01788 561401

There's a marina next to it, possibly sightly more secure and I've left a car there for a week with no problems. It's run by Blue Haven Marine 01788 540149

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know about the locks area (there are others here who do) but half a mile southwards down the canal there's the Royal Oak pub, I've left a car there for a weekend a couple of times. 01788 561401

There's a marina next to it, possibly sightly more secure and I've left a car there for a week with no problems. It's run by Blue Haven Marine 01788 540149

Many thanks for your reply. We took your advice and phoned the Marina above. They were very friendly and we have arranged to have our car there for the week.

What a great friendly forum this is....

Again if anyone sees Ellesmere from Leighton Buzzard to just short of Hillmorton locks this next week. Come and say hello, kettle is always on, if we haven't started the stronger stuff! :lol:

Thanks again

Mrs Panda

You can moor almost anywhere on the system. Although it is going to be tough to find mooring rings less then 20 feet apart. Also, I would try to avoid using a center rope If I were you, It might void the warranty on your car. :lol:

Many thanks for your reply. We took your advice and phoned the Marina above. They were very friendly and we have arranged to have our car there for the week.

What a great friendly forum this is....

Again if anyone sees Ellesmere from Leighton Buzzard to just short of Hillmorton locks this next week. Come and say hello, kettle is always on, if we haven't started the stronger stuff! :lol:

Thanks again

Mrs Panda

Do pop your head round the door then coz I'm in the same marina too.