Ugly Boats

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

You picked the wrong side. She looks much better on the other side.

Looks the same to me..... :lol:

s25Port-Running-shot.jpg

She has one or two fans. Never short of visitors when we moor up thats for sure.

There's a sign in our office that says..... All our visitors bring us pleasure. Some when they arrive, others when they leave......

I can vouch for specsavers ones.

Over about 12 years mine have had new lenses, hinges, arms and various screws (like the old brush) but the middle bit which hold the lenses is original.

They have survived being sprayed with paint, dropped then cycled over, dropped then run over (in an XC) and even an explosion which blew them off my face and one of the lenses out.

They aren't very trendy looking. Think Donald Pleasance.

Come to think of it I look a bit battered myself.

They sound almost as good as Trigger from only fools and horses,broom which had only had 4 new heads and 3 new handles. best broom he ever had..

Ah. Here's a bit more:

O Fat White Woman who nobody loves,

Why do you walk through the fields in gloves,

When the grass is soft as the breast of doves,

And shivering sweet to the touch?

Oh why do walk through the fields in gloves

Missing so much and so much?

This is a poet who was inspired to write a poem to an unloved fat white woman and he strokes grass and doves breasts, both of which make him shiver with pleasure. It's a good job this woman was white, otherwise the poem might be construed as racist.

Ugly or tupperware ? .. I wouldn't argue with this un ....

fat-boat-1.jpg

I had a chat with the owner of Earthrace, at Plymouth, last year, but he refused to be drawn into a discussion about the sources of his "emnvironmentally friendly" biofuel or the energy required to produce that amount of carbon fibre, to build the boat.

Looks good fun though :lol:

No thanks, I'd rather not be sealed in, when I'm out at sea.

The problem I have with this boat is there are any number of ultra-expensive fun boats out there that make no pretensions as to what they are.

The Earthrace boat was fuelled by hypocrisy and they are now reduced to a sideshow, rattling tins to pay for its upkeep.

• 2 weeks later...