Lionheart No 2

Gibbo

Featured Posts

Well almost.......

It's in the welding shop at present having the steel engine roof panel sorted (which involves removing the wooden internal T&G roof - more expense), some steel lockers put in the bow thanks to having seen the same ones (and loved them - kinda like a minature potter's cabin) on another member's boat. Thanks mate. That's another grand on the invoice. All your fault for showing me yours. Oh and anodes of course.

Then into the paint shop tomorrow for the monty. Full repaint and blacking.

While talking to the joiner doing the roof he convinced me that I should have a new cratch (I threw the other one away as it was rubbish). Another booster for the invoice.

It's a bottomless money pit!

Gibbo

Well almost.......

It's in the welding shop at present having the steel engine roof panel sorted (which involves removing the wooden internal T&G roof - more expense), some steel lockers put in the bow thanks to having seen the same ones (and loved them - kinda like a minature potter's cabin) on another member's boat. Thanks mate. That's another grand on the invoice. All your fault for showing me yours. Oh and anodes of course.

While talking to the joiner doing the roof he convinced me that I should have a new cratch (I threw the other one away as it was rubbish). Another booster for the invoice.

Gibbo

Do you still have that giant fuel tank fitted? I used to love customers like you:-)

George ex nb Alton Retired

Do you still have that giant fuel tank fitted? I used to love customers like you:-)

George ex nb Alton Retired

:lol:

I do indeed. I filled it up in November. So that will see right me for a few years now.

In 6 years I've filled it 3 times and had one partial fill :lol:

Gibbo

What colour are you going? (only thing that interests me in vehicles, as long as it matches my handbag!!! :lol: )

Bon

Something along the lines of this (which is another member's boat) but with a grey roof ..........

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp307/j...084/boatweb.jpg

I just gave that pic the the painters and said "I'll leave the details to you".

Gibbo

I've got two, 200 gallons each (909.218376 litres, Derek :lol: )

Mine are debateable because they are different sizes according to different bits of paper and I've never filled them from empty. But physical measurements seem to show I've got about 1200 litres in the two.

Gibbo

Hi all

Just for the record, Florence was painted at Canal Transport Services at Norton Canes, signwritten by Roy Phillips of Oldbury ( I worked with him for a while in the early 80s). The colour scheme is almost identical to my boat. Gibbo should have a handsome job when it's complete.

Cheers

Dave Moore

Well almost.......

Gibbo

Are you having a battery boiler fitted whilst you are in the mood for spending?

Are you having a battery boiler fitted whilst you are in the mood for spending?

Following some people's logic which states that they charge batteries up five times faster I might have five of them fitted and charge my batteries up 25 times faster :lol:

Gibbo

In the true spirit of "mine is bigger than yours" I had four tanks on Alton. Two at 250 litres each and two more at 2750litres each:-)

George ex nb Alton retired

But were yours connected to two 128hp 6 cylinder Ford Mermaids?

In the true spirit of "mine is bigger than yours" I had four tanks on Alton. Two at 250 litres each and two more at 2750litres each:-)

George ex nb Alton retired

2750 x 2 = 5500 + 2 x 250 that's 6,000lts. Love to see pics full and empty :lol:

Think you may have suffered thick fingers :lol:

Edited by johnjo

2750 x 2 = 5500 + 2 x 250 that's 6,000lts. Love to see pics full and empty :lol:

Think you may have suffered thick fingers :lol:

Ahem.....

He SOLD the stuff, so probably needed bigger tanks than we do!

Hi all

Just for the record, Florence was painted at Canal Transport Services at Norton Canes, signwritten by Roy Phillips of Oldbury ( I worked with him for a while in the early 80s). The colour scheme is almost identical to my boat. Gibbo should have a handsome job when it's complete.

Cheers

Dave Moore

Dave we hired florence just before xmas which involved mooring overnight at Merry Hill, we tied up infont of your boat the two looked very impressive together. Although I think Resolute won on Grahams bow shape.

Were you also around on the Shroppie July/August time? if so, do you remember being asked who had built your hull by a passing hire boater?

Small system perhaps?

Edited by HYBRID

Dave we hired florence just before xmas which involved mooring overnight at Merry Hill, we tied up infont of your boat the two looked very impressive together. Although I think Resolute won on Grahams bow shape.

Were you also around on the Shroppie July/August time? if so, do you remember being asked who had built your hull by a passing hire boater?

Small system perhaps?

Hi Hybrid

I remember a friend sending me a picture of Florence moored in front of Resolute with a "someone's pinched your colours" caption! I was away at the time (I live close to the Waterfront, so it was handy to tie there to do odd jobs).

Thanks for the kind comments about the shell..I could go on but won't..and yes, I was on the Shroppie with family last year, briefly and recall the enquiry. The boat's back at Norton Canes at the moment following work on the engine and a partial repaint. We'll be off soon, once I can get away from painting other people's boats!!

Cheers

Dave