FREE BEER!!

Dominic M

Featured Posts

I'm sure a while ago I came across a report that gave a guide to the density of boat movements and/or the number of moorings per waterway. Or did I dream it? Has anyone got a link to such information? I can't find anything on Google etc.

Cheers

Dominic

There are various sources but many are uncontrolled internal BW documents. I tend to find that we have to do our own research to get accurate figures, or sweet talk someone at BW into slipping us the documents...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the beer?

I used to have an extremely comprehensive study including numbers and locations of "problem boats", contingency plans to abandon certain canals, because they needed too much maintenance and presented a significant risk to life or property, in the event of a breach and which ones weren't worth bothering about, in the event of huge cuts.

It also had detailed figures of boat movements and a complete list of all BW moorings, marinas and numbers of boats on each mooring.

Very interesting stuff, if it had survived Usk's fire, but only of historical value now, as it was from 1998, iirc. I wish I'd had my scanner, back then.

I'm sure a while ago I came across a report that gave a guide to the density of boat movements and/or the number of moorings per waterway. Or did I dream it? Has anyone got a link to such information? I can't find anything on Google etc.

Cheers

Dominic

Boat movements;

http://www.britishwaterways.co.uk/media/do...report_2004.pdf

Annual report, but only the 2004 version is available.

Thanks - that's very interesting.

Linky no worky! :lol:

To all above - I'll by you a beer happily if you happen by sometime. :lol:

Why is the 'u' missing from the word buy, Is it significant? :lol:

Dear British Waterways

Please treat this as a request for information, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000

Please provide me with any results (prelimary or otherwise) of all boat traffic density studies undertaken in the last (n) years. this can be provided in any human readable format either electronic or otherwise. If you require any clarification request you may contact me at

Your full name and address + email address

Regards

Lying free beer man

Why is the 'u' missing from the word buy, Is it significant? :lol:

It is significant evidence that my typing is rubbish :lol: . Otherwise sincerely meant.

Dear British Waterways

Please treat this as a request for information, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000

Please provide me with any results (prelimary or otherwise) of all boat traffic density studies undertaken in the last (n) years. this can be provided in any human readable format either electronic or otherwise. If you require any clarification request you may contact me at

Your full name and address + email address

Regards

Lying free beer man

Yeah, that should totally p!ss them off once and for all. Cheers, Fuzz.