Que Sera Sera

Digipete

Featured Posts

Personally I think it's time to stop harassing this family and close down all threads, except one issuing information, which is locked and updated by a mod.

Carole or Zoe posted earlier asking for a list of questions, I supplied some, I really can't see the problem LOL

Nobody interrogated the owners of previous boats, stolen, about their private affairs and I think this is shameful.

Nobody has as far as i'm aware :lol:

Carl, I can see where you are coming from, but some of the info might be useful. Certain elements of my job are "investigative" although thankfully not generally of criminal acts. I tend to work on the principle of gain as many facts as you can even if you can't see why they'd be useful at this stage, subject of course to privacy considerations.

The questions I have highlighted in red are of no relevance to anyone who lacks the resources of the law enforcement authorities.

If the family don't want to give this information (and possibly give ammunition to a zealous insurance investigator) then they have every right not to.

Personally I think it's time to stop harassing this family and close down all threads, except one issuing information, which is locked and updated by a mod.

If this family are telling the truth, no matter how incompetently, and it is making one of them ill, through stress and worry, then these unfounded accusations and needless interrogation will make it worse.

In short, the naysayers might well be causing someone's ill-health.

Proud?

I think Dad was ill prior to the disappearance.

The questions I have highlighted in red are of no relevance to anyone who lacks the resources of the law enforcement authorities.

If the family don't want to give this information (and possibly give ammunition to a zealous insurance investigator) then they have every right not to.

One can only hope that the insurance company have better information than has been given here. They will find any excuse not to pay up.

Oh that's okay then. Crucify him!

Its obvious that this is a subject close to your heart, but others need some proper information to work from and make their own judgement. People are giving up their own time to find this boat, but with little information and conflicting information this search will soon come to an end as more and more people give up.

Edited by NB Alnwick

I'm only responding to your outburst.

I will look for the boat when on my travels as I have said.

I still think there is summat wrong here. My opinion.

I agree that the vessel is now not on the water, otherwise it would have been seen surely.

Martyn

Its obvious that this is a subject close to your heart, but others need some proper information to work from and make their own judgement. People are giving up their own time to find this boat, but with little information and conflicting information this search will soon come to an end as more and more people give up.

Your not even close enough to help so why are you adding to the bile?

I think Dad was ill prior to the disappearance.

The owners aren't reading the threads either, Zoe or Carole are relaying relevant info as they see it.

People have a right to an opinion as do you, suggesting closing threads because you don't like someones opinion is rediculous. There is useful info on this thread, it's also quite popular, so gaining attraction, the more people who know about the missing boat the better.

The owners aren't reading the threads either, Zoe or Carole are relaying relevant info as they see it.

People have a right to an opinion as do you, suggesting closing threads because you don't like someones opinion is rediculous. There is useful info on this thread, it's also quite popular, so gaining attraction, the more people who know about the missing boat the better.

There are accusations of wrongdoing being made, there are insulting and offensive posts being made.

These are contrary to the rules of the forum.

Do you not care that the accusations being made may be causing distress?

Your not even close enough to help so why are you adding to the bile?

This boat could be anywhere in the country. It has obviously been taken out of the water or it would have been spotted with all of the people searching in the area.

This thread is appauling.

There are accusations of wrongdoing being made, there are insulting and offensive posts being made.

These are contrary to the rules of the forum.

Do you not care that the accusations being made may be causing distress?

Same as most topics on here then?

This boat could be anywhere in the country. It has obviously been taken out of the water or it would have been spotted with all of the people searching in the area.

It took longer than this to find most of the other boats and they were found in the water, so what exactly do you know?

Same as most topics on here then?

Not this low.

Where have you found that?

1. The boat has been hired out via DC on other occasions
  2. If we are to believe their comments, DC ensure that insurance is in order
  3. DC have stated that the insurance was invalidated due to the private deal, implying that a hire or reward policy remained in force.

It took longer than this to find most of the other boats and they were found in the water, so what exactly do you know?

Not this low.

I know that people have been searching for a month in the location of this boat. Not one sighting. The boat is not there. It has been moved be it by water of truck.

1. The boat has been hired out via DC on other occasions
  2. If we are to believe their comments, DC ensure that insurance is in order
  3. DC have stated that the insurance was invalidated due to the private deal, implying that a hire or reward policy remained in force.

Hence no insurance.

If you invalidate a policy you are not insured.

Why is it appalling?

There are some that feel the the owners are doing okay and there are others who want to get more information to help resolve this situation.

I have been following this episode from the beginning the owners and Zoe are doing a good job at winding each side up to get us all going.

I will repeat what I wrote ages ago. If it were my boat i would be taking time off work and using every possible tool available to me to find it. I would have leave available as i'm sure most people have under these circumstances.

I would certainly respond to requests from this forum eithwer by supplying the information requested or explain why not. if I didn't like what was happening I would then request this thread to be closed and finalised.

Telling people to "shut up" as they have an opinion different from my own really is out of order.

Martyn

I know that people have been searching for a month in the location of this boat. Not one sighting. The boat is not there. It has been moved be it by water of truck.

Hence no insurance.

If you invalidate a policy you are not insured.

In all fairness I wouldn't say that for definite ref boat location, IMO it has been though and the questions i've asked, their answers might or might not support that.

I think some are getting a bit hot under the collar here, wildly amusing LOL but this was posted by Carole or Zoe earlier around 11am which might put things into context a bit.

hi all - this is zoe here i have a free period at work so i have 45 mins to try and read as much as i can on here - my have i missed some things on here-

firstly i want to apologise for not being on here for so long - i do try and pop on but i work at a special needs school and its extremely hard to find time and the reason i aint been on here recently is that my sister in law is expecting and been rushed into hospital with pneumonia so we have been looking after our nephews along with trying to run our livesdaily.

i know i have been on here a couple of times and just left the odd comment thats only because i have grabbed 5 mins and seen something i can comment on nothing else no other reason.

i have read up to page 10 now of this discussion, could someone please help me to answer your questions by writing a list of things you need to know in orderly form so i can print them off and take it to my parents as my father is ill at the moment but this is something they can do without having to do anything in you know what i mean.

all i know at the moment is that the police were going to try and see the cctv again this week and will be calling my parents at the end of the week with details if any.

please if someone could list the questions you all want answering i will help that way.

regards

zoe ps thank you to all for helping my parents so far

:lol:

Edited by Julynian

If this family are telling the truth, no matter how incompetently, and it is making one of them ill, through stress and worry, then these unfounded accusations and needless interrogation will make it worse.

In short, the naysayers might well be causing someone's ill-health.

Proud?

Certainly, the bickering, speculation and doubting have gone on long enough. I am closing this thread.

Please use the other thread for genuine reports or sightings and, in the meantime, let us give the owners of the stolen boat the benefit of our support and sympathy.