Narrowboat Tug HARRY

doomed1

Featured Posts

In a week where two other boats are still missing presumed stolen, to have another incident involving possible arson so close to home is really quite disturbing. Newbury Police are asking for witnesses - see the Newbury Weekly news link above.

Where were the other boats stolen from was that the K & A too..... :lol:

Where were the other boats stolen from was that the K & A too..... :lol:

No,

One was a private boat, but hired out, from Streethay Wharf, but which failed to return.

The other was taken from secure, (presumed BW), moorings at Brentford.

There is also a report ow www.stolenboats.org.uk of a further boat taken from Burscough, (L&L), although a forum member who was moored there says he had heard no report of it.

Thank you all for your concern, lucily however from my point of view the sale hadn't gone through so I was pretty much covered, I hope the owners get a fast resolution from their insurers and That Harry can be rebuilt with the minimum inconvenience. I understand that the fire damage was confined to the saloon and the engine & back cabin were not damaged. The next thing to be a problem will be the elements and the looters unless she can be secured.

• 1 month later...