Boats untied at Bramwith top lock

Driffman

Featured Posts

Just for info:

Last night 2 boats behind me where set adrift, I managed to pull them back in and secure them.

Tonight at aprox 1800 all the boats on the towpath side (top lock) where untied, including mine while I was on it and I never heard a thing.

A friend came and helped me re-secure them all, phoned the police (on both occassions) not really interested, phoned BW, also not really interested.

Same thing happened last November on mischeivious night, that time one of the boats drifted (or was pulled) away and was found down at the next bridge.

Time for a trip to B&Q for mooring chains and locks me thinks.

Never had any trouble in (almost) 4 years, apart from having my BBQ nicked but that was my own fault for leaving it out.

Dean.

Just for info:

Last night 2 boats behind me where set adrift, I managed to pull them back in and secure them.

Tonight at aprox 1800 all the boats on the towpath side (top lock) where untied, including mine while I was on it and I never heard a thing.

A friend came and helped me re-secure them all, phoned the police (on both occassions) not really interested, phoned BW, also not really interested.

Same thing happened last November on mischeivious night, that time one of the boats drifted (or was pulled) away and was found down at the next bridge.

Time for a trip to B&Q for mooring chains and locks me thinks.

Never had any trouble in (almost) 4 years, apart from having my BBQ nicked but that was my own fault for leaving it out.

Dean.

When I last went along Barrowford locks on the L&L, someone had done the same with a GRP cruiser, but only removed one line so it drifted into the middle as far as the tied line would go, why people do it though is a mystery, but I guess it's just to get their rocks off cos it's not their property... :lol:

One solution:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c....rity_Camera.ar7

And a good LP VCR, then the little oiks will be caught on camera, ready to be flogged... :lol: