Some more old photo's

AlanJ

Featured Posts

A cutting on the shroppie, but I wouldn't like to say which one (it might be cowley, looking away from the tunnel)

Certainly is Cowley

I've given up the guessing game - they are obviously too easy.

I've been posting links to others that I've scanned and as I find more interesting ones, I'll keep putting up links.

Sorry, been out all day as it's my birthday :lol:

Yes, it is the bottom lock at Grindley Brook. Can't remember who was inside at the time though!

Don't need to tell you where this is - can't remember whether I've inverted the image or not though!

One of the 7 wonders of the waterways aparently - does anyone know where the other 6 are?

img069.jpg

One of the 7 wonders of the waterways aparently - does anyone know where the other 6 are?

A trickier question might be to name all the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the UK which either contain waterways or have waterways access. (IIRC there are ten of them, out of a total of 24 sites)

This is Bingley 5-rise. The others are Pontcysyllte aqueduct, Barton swing aqueduct, Standedge tunnel, Anderton lift, Burnley embankment and the Caen Hill fight at Devizes.

SteveE

edited for typos

Edited by SteveE