candy aqua 1000t

hydrophobia

Featured Posts

Hi all, our newbuild narrowboat is not a livaboard but we are having a small candy aqua 1000t washing machine, our boat has an 1800w inverter but no shore line or engine based generator, so can anyone tell us what size (Kva) suitcase/portable genny we will need to power our washer? Help?

Hi all, our newbuild narrowboat is not a livaboard but we are having a small candy aqua 1000t washing machine, our boat has an 1800w inverter but no shore line or engine based generator, so can anyone tell us what size (Kva) suitcase/portable genny we will need to power our washer? Help?

Energy Consumption 0.66 Kwh

You'll need to find out how much power it requires especially when the machine is heating up water for the wash, or spinning the motor. It seems quite efficient, but if requires 2kw to heat water or draws 2kw start up to run the motor, then a 1.8 kw inverter won't have a chance. You also need to check weather this maching requires a pure sine wave inverter, some automatics do.

Somewhere on the machine should it's power requirements, however even if they match the rating of the inverter it might not power it, depending on the surge capability of your inverter.

Post as much info as you can with regard to both inverter and machine, the boffins on here like gibbo and others will then give you a better assessment.

Hi

This topic was covered in several posts 12 oct 2006 I found these whilst trying to find the technical spec of the washing machine and appears to solve your problem . We had similar questions with our zanussi 1300 which draws 1600w our Mastervolt combi 1500 inverter would run the heating and wash cycles but not the spin. I have since purchased a Honda Eu 2.0i genny with a gas conversion giving a running cost of 40p per hour so I can now run my washing machine and charge my batteries at the same time. The converstion allows you to use either petrol or gas and cost less than petrol only versions being advertised in canal mags

hope this helps

John

Hi, thanks for rapid response, the only info I have on the wash m/c is 1250w, I would rarther not stress my 1800w inverter/2 x 220a batteries which is why I need to know what size portable genny I need to buy, I have been looking at suitcase type 2-2.6Kva which I prefer for using off the boat as they are lighter than the frame type which have a higher Kva output. Have phoned 5 chandlers and got 5 different answers from 2 - 4.5Kva! Confused - you will be!

ps forgot to sign last post, thanks - Mark.

My Candy Aqua 1000T runs off a 2.2Kva Briggs & Stratton genny. However, it really doesn't like the dirty sine wave and the spin cycles don't work correctly except on the 32 min quick wash cycle (which I use mostly anyway).

Through my Victron 1600Watt inverter it works a treat, although the maximum load warning often flashes on the heating cycle.

If I can't be arsed to get the genny out, I run the engine at the same time.

A quality 'suitcase' genny like a Honda will probably sort the spin cycle and my neighbours run a full size washing machine off a 2Kw Honda with seemingly no problems....

Hi Hydro

1. If you are getting a generator to run the washing machine then you do not need to supply the washing machine from the inverter.

Change over from inverter to landline/generator supply.

2. If the inverter is big enough to run the washing machine then only use the washing machine when the propulsion engine is running, ie. when cruising the cut.

Money saved not buying generator will by much beer. :lol:

Hi, thanks for rapid response, the only info I have on the wash m/c is 1250w, I would rarther not stress my 1800w inverter/2 x 220a batteries which is why I need to know what size portable genny I need to buy, I have been looking at suitcase type 2-2.6Kva which I prefer for using off the boat as they are lighter than the frame type which have a higher Kva output. Have phoned 5 chandlers and got 5 different answers from 2 - 4.5Kva! Confused - you will be!

The Honda EU20i seems to be the generator of choice for many people. It puts out a pure sine wave and a continuous rated output of 1.6kw so it should easily run your washing machine whilst allowing you to watch TV or use other relatively low power demand AC appliances at the same time (even a 20 or 30amp battery charger). It's also quiet compared to similar output units. Try Just Generators http://www.justgenerators.co.uk/

Before you buy a petrol generator do look into the 3 main safety aspects: 1) safe storage of petrol & generator 2) carbon monoxide 3) earthing of the generator. These are all covered in previous threads if you do a search.

Edited by blackrose

... I have since purchased a Honda Eu 2.0i genny with a gas conversion giving a running cost of 40p per hour... The converstion allows you to use either petrol or gas and cost less than petrol only versions being advertised in canal mags

John

This sounds cheaper than petrol which is roughly about 65p/hour by my calculations. Is yours the Edge Technology conversion? How does the generator run? Is it harder to start? I was thinking of converting my Honda EU30i after talking to someone who had bought a conversion kit from Brown Power. With that particular kit (and also the one from Just Generators), once you've converted to gas that's it and you can't use petrol again unless you convert back. JG and BP both seem to think that the ET kit isn't as good - but I suppose they would say that. It would be good to get a user's view.

You know that you have to service your generator more often when you run it off gas, because the cylinder head gets hotter.

(Sorry to go off topic)

Mike

Edited by blackrose

Hi, thanks for rapid response, the only info I have on the wash m/c is 1250w,

Possibly worth pointing out that the rating on the machine is usually an exaggerated figure for real world use.

And also to note that Watts and KVA is not the same thing.

Edited by Chris Pink

Hi

This topic was covered in several posts 12 oct 2006 I found these whilst trying to find the technical spec of the washing machine and appears to solve your problem . We had similar questions with our zanussi 1300 which draws 1600w our Mastervolt combi 1500 inverter would run the heating and wash cycles but not the spin. I have since purchased a Honda Eu 2.0i genny with a gas conversion giving a running cost of 40p per hour so I can now run my washing machine and charge my batteries at the same time. The converstion allows you to use either petrol or gas and cost less than petrol only versions being advertised in canal mags

hope this helps

John

Thanks for that but how do I access these posts? - Mark.

Thanks for that but how do I access these posts? - Mark.

Hi Mark

I'm sure that there's an easy way within this site and that somebody will point it out, however I found it by doing a search on Google (uk pages) for Candy 1000t washing machine technical data.

Blackrose asked if my Gennie was the Edge technology version, yes it is. My experience both with gennies and boating is limited but we have taken the plunge and are now living aboard. We were faced with the choice of either upgrading, what appears to be, a perfectly good inverter with the obvious exception of the washing machine or finding a suitable gennie.

Mike (Blackrose) draws attention to the safety aspects of petrol gennies something that had concerned me however the cost of diesel gennies were prohibitive for a pensioner.

Speaking to our eventual supplier I was pleased to find that the converted Honda was able to run on Gas or petrol and was quieter and cheaper running on gas.So far I've had no problems running the gennie or starting two or three pulls at the most

I'm not sure as to the accuracy of my maths but I've worked on the following figures

Running Boat engine approx 80p per hour Cost of running Gennie 40p per hour. Total Cost of Gennie 1040.00

IMO the Gas conversion makes sense

John

• 2 months later...
Hi Mark

I'm sure that there's an easy way within this site and that somebody will point it out, however I found it by doing a search on Google (uk pages) for Candy 1000t washing machine technical data.

Yes, to search this forum, you go to the top of the page and select 'Search'

We have a Candy 1000 and it hates our SIP 2.2KVa genny, throwing its dummy out and generally going berzerk. As an aside, a good tip I read once on here, was to add a couple of jugs of hot tap water directly into the machine before adding washing/detergent. This saves endless power (assuming your tap water is hot to begin with!) especially if you are on an inverter/battery setup.

• 5 years later...

Imhave a Candy Aqua 1000t and it wont run unless am on shoreline. My inverter is1800 continuous or 2700 intermittent. ????? Why?

At a guess it doesn't like the waveform from your inverter....do you know if it's a pure sine wave inverter or a modified sine wave?...if you let us know the model of the inverter it may help.

Cheers

Gareth

Hmm. It says modified sine wave. Output 50hz. 1800 continuous. 2600 peak output.

sterling

Set it to the cold setting a d try the 32 minute wash. Perhaps your inverter does not like the heavy draw when on hot wash. Mine runs on pure sine wave . give it a try before you make any changes.

Hi there, On our washing machine we turn the water temperature gauge to zero and fill the machine manually through the soap dispenser (I use 5 or 6 jugsful of a 2litre jug) using whatever temperature water we either have or what suits the stuff being washed. That we we don't use power to heat the water which is the most hungry part of the cycle, I understand, and it takes too long! We always use the quick cycle. We can do a wash with or without the engine running and it hardly seems to affect the batteries. Cheers, Marilyn (nb Waka Huia)