cost of diesel

petro

Featured Posts

Thought it might be useful to those running on fumes to post current diesel prices around the Braunston area.

Best price at Calcutt - 63p over 100 litres, 66p below.

Napton - 74p

Braunston marina 80p

I guess that calcutt are making a reasonable profit so the others must be really coining it in !

Petro

I'm using white diesel at £ 1 something engine quieter eber running great using less diesel than when using red working out roughly the same don't notice the difference except it might be cheaper???????????? I live on board have done or 7 years.

Which is illegal........

No it's not illegal. Displaying a price (even an incorrect one) simply in law an "invitation to treat". There is an urban myth that if something is wrongly priced, the vendor is obliged in law to sell it to you at that price. That is totally wrong.

Chris

No it's not illegal. Displaying a price (even an incorrect one) simply in law an "invitation to treat". There is an urban myth that if something is wrongly priced, the vendor is obliged in law to sell it to you at that price. That is totally wrong.

Chris

I wonder if I could have sued them for half an hour of my time, which was how long it took to enter and cross the marina, manoevre my way to their service jetty in a strong wind, and then make my way back to the canal.

I wonder if I could have sued them for half an hour of my time, which was how long it took to enter and cross the marina, manoevre my way to their service jetty in a strong wind, and then make my way back to the canal.

You have to ask why they decided to put the service area is the furthest, most inaccessible corner of the marina. It's probably not too bad if all the Black Prince boats are out, but the day we popped in, there were dozens of hire boats, about five abreast, making things tricky.

Chris

" 2.1.1 The Consumer Protection Act 1987 makes it an offence to indicate a price for goods or services which is lower than the one that actually applies. You should not therefore show one price in an advertisement, website, window display, shelf marking or on the item itself, and then charge a higher price at the point of sale or checkout. In addition, specific regulations apply to particular types of sales and ways of selling—eg retail sales (including the Internet), sales of food and drink which involve service, distance contracts, resale of tickets, package travel, etc. Your local Trading Standards Services or Home Authority will be pleased to advise you on the current regulations that are relevant to your business and of any good practice guidance which is also relevant."

Nowhere did I say anything about an obligation to sell at the lower price.

Edited by dave_2A_

Groan, I'm just about to go on the Thames at Duke's cut, hope I don't need fuel on that stretch, might as well run a fuel hose to the nearest petrol station :lol:

Did you just come past our moorings at Langford Lane?

Wendy

Diesel at Benson Boat Yard on the Thames today 88p!! (How much will that be in Nov?!) Pump out £15. I'm glad I wasn't buying! If you are going on the Thames this summer, fill up before you leave the canals. Kingcraft in Abingdon is usually a more 'reasonable' price.

Thought it might be useful to those running on fumes to post current diesel prices around the Braunston area.

Best price at Calcutt - 63p over 100 litres, 66p below.

Napton - 74p

Braunston marina 80p

I guess that calcutt are making a reasonable profit so the others must be really coining it in !

Petro

North Kilworth - on the Leicester Arm of GU was 69p last Saturday

Got a delivery to Narrowcraft at Alvecote yesterday and guess what? Its up again!

Now 74p at the pump. Sorry !

My business partner had an interesting tip off from someone he knows well, who's well established in the oil business. Aparrently it's concievable that the price for a barrell of oil will reach $150 over the next 12 months, from the current price bobbing around $100 per barrel. Aparrently that means petrol at around £1.76 per litre at the pump this time next year, or nearly £8.00 per gallon if you prefer :lol: and of course diesel at least 10p dearer. I know fuel has shot up a lot recently, but thought that a bit an unlikely scenario, until I found this article on the net. Many predictions reckon an average cost of $120 over the coming year. This prediction is quite scary though.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article3198.html

What with the price of diesel being around 10p per litre dearer than petrol, and add to this the premiums charge by suppliers on the canal network, £2.00 per litre for diesel might come a lot sooner than many think.