Featured Posts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Markinaboat said:

I had the original Z1 in 1994 (VGK 749M or something like that). Bronze with orange band on tank. Was a Dutch import no 39 and I bought it from HGB's in Harrow for £1000!

Mine came over from America in the late 90s. They are a great bike. 40 years old and still quick and reliable. Back in the 70s I was still buying British and telling my Jap bike riding mates how crap their bikes were. Live and learn huh .

Edited by ianali

10 hours ago, ianali said:

Mine came over from America in the late 90s. They are a great bike. 40 years old and still quick and reliable. Back in the 70s I was still buying British and telling my Jap bike riding mates how crap their bikes were. Live and learn huh .

Duh .... I meant 1974! Had my fill of Triumphs then, one blew up on me and the other caught fire on the day I bought it. Previous owner had used rolled tin foil as a fuse! Moved to Italian exotica in the 80's.

Edited by Markinaboat

On 25/01/2018 at 08:54, Markinaboat said:

Duh .... I meant 1974! Had my fill of Triumphs then, one blew up on me and the other caught fire on the day I bought it. Previous owner had used rolled tin foil as a fuse! Moved to Italian exotica in the 80's.

I too had some lovely Italian bikes. Beautiful things they were. Sold my last Ducati when my body decided it didn't like bending into the riding position. I find the Z1000 a very comfy ride. Do sometimes miss the out and out sports bikes though.

Ian.

On 26/01/2018 at 12:21, ianali said:

I too had some lovely Italian bikes. Beautiful things they were. Sold my last Ducati when my body decided it didn't like bending into the riding position. I find the Z1000 a very comfy ride. Do sometimes miss the out and out sports bikes though.

Ian.

Same here, have had three hip replacements now. I couldn't even imagine being able to ride the Hailwood rep I had let alone a Jota now! Had a Tiger 1050 for 7 years but barely rode it and was getting heavy to manoeuvre on the mud/grass by the boat. Had a Hyeormotaed 796 for a couple of years now, def ticks the 'grin factor' box. :-)